New Postie bike

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looks cool.

d9d62185f7ebdbeac9201124b52426a6.jpg

Perfect bike for pottering off-road in the Picos !

Royal Mail need to issue free eye tests first. Yesterday, our humble home received a card for ward 17 at the Princess Royal Hospital! IDIOTS.

Royal Mail need to issue free eye tests first. Yesterday, our humble home received a card for ward 17 at the Princess Royal Hospital! IDIOTS.

Maybe that day your Posties first language wasn't English

I have the same engine in my 2019 Monkey, its a peach for a 125. Four speed so leisurely progress, but a genuine 170 to 190 mpg. Build quality is really nice ,and cable routing clips mudguards and tank etc are all metal.

I have the same engine in my 2019 Monkey, its a peach for a 125. Four speed so leisurely progress, but a genuine 170 to 190 mpg. Build quality is really nice ,and cable routing clips mudguards and tank etc are all metal.

But the postie bike isn’t trying quite so hard ...

Yeah, it'd make a very fun (yet capable) long distance trial/adventure bike wouldn't it

Andres

I completely agree. One of those tours on what you'd think would be a completely inappropriate bike, but one which would probably surprise you every day.

To wade a river in flood, you'd just lob it onto the back of a friendly flat bed truck. Or into a local dug-out canoe. Try that with a GSA...

And with a jerry can on the back, the range would be extraordinary. It would slow you down to a pace at which you'd smell more roses and meet more locals, too.

I had one of the older ones, imported from the states,

I had to rebuild the gearbox, as the lugs on second gear had broken off, the three which pin first gear , as it was first that didn’t work
, but it was a nice little bike, I bought it to do a C2C run, in preference to the common at the time C90, in reality though the C90 was just as good.

The original iteration had an auxiliary fuel tank as an optional extra; it was circular and clamped to the rear frame, held a couple of litres I seem to recall.

Back
Top Bottom