Gedinne classic races 23rd - 25th August

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, that’s this coming weekend.

We’ll be there from Friday morning through to Monday morning stopping in our motorhome in the camping field opposite the pits and if anyone is going and fancies a beer or needs to avail themselves of a charge for their phone look for a 2017 Sunlight motorhome and if we’re sitting there say hello and introduce yourself.

I’m a twat but my wife keeps me under control most of the time so you should be ok :D :beerjug:

Nobody else coming this year? That’s a shame because the weather forecast is good and it’s already time to sit around in shorts drinking a beer and catching a few rays 😎

Pictures to follow as and when I can be arsed.

It’s stupidly busy. I’ve never seen the field on the far side of the access road leading to the campsite used before and it’s about half full today with the normal campsite rammed by lunchtime yesterday.

I hadn’t been for 4-5 years so the difference was amazing though it’s still far short of Chimay when it comes to being organised. If we come next year we’ll aim to get here early Thursday afternoon so we can park the wobbly box somewhere flat.

If you can visualise where the long (almost) straight you can see from the campsite runs an outfit went off on the right hand side of the circuit, through a barbed wire fence and over a ditch late yesterday. They had 4 circuit ambulances plus one from the nearest hospital attend so I’m just hoping both rider and passenger were ok but neither moved on their own so I’m not overly confident. Road racing can be very cruel at times.

We’re on our way towards Calais after a cracking weekend of sunshine, racing and just a few beers. I didn’t take many photos but I’ll post a couple up later.

All I can say is that after a gap of 4 or 5 years since attending we won’t leave it as long again. If you’ve never been then you should go, it’s a bit more basic than Chimay but the atmosphere is great, the circuit is one of the best and as long as it doesn’t rain then you’ll not regret it.

It’s stupidly busy. I’ve never seen the field on the far side of the access road leading to the campsite used before and it’s about half full today with the normal campsite rammed by lunchtime yesterday.

I hadn’t been for 4-5 years so the difference was amazing though it’s still far short of Chimay when it comes to being organised. If we come next year we’ll aim to get here early Thursday afternoon so we can park the wobbly box somewhere flat.

If you can visualise where the long (almost) straight you can see from the campsite runs an outfit went off on the right hand side of the circuit, through a barbed wire fence and over a ditch late yesterday. They had 4 circuit ambulances plus one from the nearest hospital attend so I’m just hoping both rider and passenger were ok but neither moved on their own so I’m not overly confident. Road racing can be very cruel at times.

Sorry to read about that accident Andy; a guy hit the barb wire fencing some years ago at Jehonville some years ago at the fastest part of the track; unfortunately it did'nt end well; that was the last event they ran there as far as i'am aware; i think it was the last race of the weekend. Hope all involved at Gedinne are well; it's not something i would like to witness again.

Sorry to read about that accident Andy; a guy hit the barb wire fencing some years ago at Jehonville at the fastest part of the track; unfortunately it did'nt end well; that was the last event they ran there as far as i'am aware; i think it was the last race of the weekend. Hope all involved at Gedinne are well; it's not something i would like to witness again.

Back
Top Bottom