Just back from the Ardennes

Wapping

Reaction score
Only a stone’s throw from Calais or the Dutch / Belgian ports, it makes an excellent area for a long weekend or even longer.

Bods rave about the alps but here, within spitting distance of the coast, you can find, hairpins, sweepers, nadgery little roads, big rivers, small streams, woods and forests, lots of hotels and cafes (all keen to accommodate people on motorbikes) without any real effort at all. You can even get ‘epic’ and ‘awesome’ views, without struggling for oxygen.

I’ll post up a link to where we rode when I’m back.

Go! Enjoy!

Going over to there on 3rd next month for a few days all being well, hope the weather stays like it is till then

One of my favourite areas and great for a 'long weekend' :thumb

My Missis (Bless her) once asked what did I consider a long weekend ... Friday to Monday?

No I replied ... Thursday to Thursday :D

Look forward to your report Wappers :thumby:

:beerjug:

Only a stone’s throw from Calais or the Dutch / Belgian ports, it makes an excellent area for a long weekend or even longer.

Bods rave about the alps but here, within spitting distance of the coast, you can find, hairpins, sweepers, nadgery little roads, big rivers, small streams, woods and forests, lots of hotels and cafes (all keen to accommodate people on motorbikes) without any real effort at all. You can even get ‘epic’ and ‘awesome’ views, without struggling for oxygen.

I’ll post up a link to where we rode when I’m back.

Go! Enjoy!

Might just do that as the so called bikermates begin to bail out of our September Asturias trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a long weekend there next Month, Bouillon, Diekirch, Bastonge - great roads and great beer :)

I never get bored visiting the Ardennes and as Wapping says, it’s just too easy to get a long weekend in without any real distances travelled. There’s always somewhere new to ‘discover’ and best of all, they have top quality racing on public roads :D

Admittedly I’m still full of myself after spending a few days there only getting home a couple of hours ago and it never even looked like raining but when you like somewhere, tell everyone :thumb2

I never get bored visiting the Ardennes and as Wapping says, it’s just too easy to get a long weekend in without any real distances travelled. There’s always somewhere new to ‘discover’ and best of all, they have top quality racing on public roads :D

Admittedly I’m still full of myself after spending a few days there only getting home a couple of hours ago and it never even looked like raining but when you like somewhere, tell everyone :thumb2

It's a fantastic area ; and like you say ; top quality racing on public rds; would have been at Gedinne this weekend; but could'nt get the hols. After a red flag my mates mrs was running around tearing her hair out because she did'nt see her old man come in; eventually she goes back to the van ; and finds him sat with a cold one catching some rays. :D all good fun.:beerjug:

went last year stayed in a little "fort" Village ,Rocroi. Had some great rides around the area . Its a very green area,thats green in colour because it does rain alot

Rocroi is a lovely little spot. I keep meaning to try and find somewhere in the area where we can abandon our motorhome and just cycle around the villages drinking beer and eating croques 🍺

Anyone thinking of going might be well served by looking at the stickies on suggested routes around the area. They all work pretty well, so mix and match at will in complete confidence.

I will post up the routes we used from Calais to Bouillon and back again, along with the day out. They all worked OK. Hope to get that done tonight.

Thanks chaps. Yes Wapster I’ve put together a montage of routes from the drop box resource, thanks very much for maintaining that.

Just got to book the flexipass tunnel tickets and we’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This was the route we used.

On the day, we missed out the optional additional loop to Dinant from Givet. I have done it before, it’s good.

353e9b962f7173f4c256fd90c240c0aa.jpg

22f785e6d858c9ed8b388216b325b8f0.jpg

e2ffb33b401a7deaef354cf83841fd0b.jpg

016049b54d64176e6b14b5b3b1eb939b.jpg

just stayed at the the Charzeville municipal campsite. Great location, great campsite and all for 11 euros! wicked place on the river and great roads abound,. A very decent first or last stop before calais..

This was the route we used.

On the day, we missed out the optional additional loop to Dinant from Givet. I have done it before, it’s good ...............

Thanks very much young Wapping. Most appreciated.

I hope to be down that way quite soon.

Thanks very much young Wapping. Most appreciated.:thumb2

Don't go people, I went last week and the roads are all wet - horrible.

Back
Top Bottom