What Tyres on Your new 1250 GS

willy eckerslike

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seems to be a variety of tyres on the new 1250 GS, whats on yours. Mines Bridgestone Battlax Adventures

typically seems to be A41's or Anakee Adventure. Which one seems you get seems to be luck of the draw.

The A41's seem ok, neither love them or hate them. Doubt ill refit new ones though.

Have A41’s on mine, OK ish, but will probably replace with Avon Trailrider next.

Bridgestone a41

Just changed them for pilot road 5s

I had A41's on mine. i found them a bit too agricultural. the Anakee Adventure have a lot better sports profile and are very nice. not sure yet about mileage, but very impressed so far.

Anakee Adventures on mine. 2000 miles so far and they seem OK; no problems with grip in dry and wet conditions - although not had to try them in heavy rain yet. They seem to work well in gravel car parks and over loose chippings as well but I guess as a part-off road tyre so they should.

A41,s on mine and i am due a change so will be interesting to see what people are changing to although i have had no probs with the A41,s

I've had Conti TA3's before and they were good but wore the front out as fast as the rear, I believe the A41's are dual compound on the front, seem ok to me had both pegs skimming the road down carter bar and felt very stable.

Annakee adventures when i got mine.... didn’t like them, so swapped to Pilot Road 5’s which i like better...
Will try conti TA3’s next i think.

Ride safe y’all

Bubb

2000 miles on A41's and there just as noisy as the Anakee 3's.

Anakee Adv on mine (although i asked for them as it would have come with the Bridgestone Adv). Only 650 miles on it so far and really like them, significantly quieter than the awful Anakee 3s and grip well. I'm off to the Alps on it Sat so will get a few Ks on them... Will see how they last..

Done 4K miles on 1250 GSA with the Anakee Adventure and had to get rid as they were too noisy. Seems all tyres are noisier on the GSA than the GS. Now using Pilot Road 5 Trail and they are much quieter. Tyres still not as quite as on my 2010 GSA though.

. Now using Pilot Road 5 Trail and they are much quieter. Tyres still not as quite as on my 2010 GSA though.

I put these on My GSA 1200 superb after broken in, in the wet or dry. However my front was wearing quicker than the rear and the left a strange handling feeling on the front of the bike. I would use them again though as the grip was brill on the smooth roads of the continent .

Back
Top Bottom