IMG_0509.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 308
I wouldn't overcomplicate this too much.
With your experience/expertise with weather, should be easy to plan relatively in advance with mild weather. End of March should be fine.

Definitely good weather in Italy :D

These are extremely old tracks (three days) – I've done them a few years ago. I don't have the actual tracks from the Zumo, because at the time I had a 550 that stopped tracking (full memory) during the trip.
Also, I now take a slightly different route to Dijon, trying to remove some highway bits.

toitaly.png

In Italy you can get south all the way towards Perugia and then basically cut through Umbria through Ancona.
Wherever you end up in Umbria is gonna be motorbike paradise. I worked for a couple of years in Spoleto and the best part of it was to be able to jump on the bike at the end of the day and just have a quick jaunt up the mountains before dinner.

http://notflickr.com/tracks_italy.zip

Never mind bike pics ... show them your matching suit and helmet captain ... and those shiny boots ... you looked like a model for BMW today ;)

You will love Italy, I moved here for work and live in Padova about 2hours from you. Heading to the dolomites or over to Umbria / Florence the rides are incredible, happy to hook up and go from some rides, drop me a pm or if you have any questions on moving to Italy.

For travelling, anything is possible, its an adventure. We got stuck on the Brennor pass for 18 hours last year mind, on a bike that would not be pleasant... There will be either rain big rain or snow and it will get cold or it will be amazing clear crisp days. As you know checking the weather before you leave is BS it will change by the hour up high. Snow has hit early whereas last year pretty much no snow. (Btw 3 ish hours from you is the nearest skiing)

But the right kit and the right attitude and it could be entertaining, make it what you want, prepare for everything as that is what you are about to get!

There is a Fantastic BMW dealership in Vicenza, Bellan & Giardina These guys know BMW inside out and backwards if you have any issues check them out.

Enjoy , great weather, great people, amazing roads oh and the food and wine is not too shabby either.

Hi, sorry for the delay in an update. Well the bike is still in the UK. As the weather has been bloody awful I thought I'd leave it until things warm up a bit. If I'm going to do a decent trip I think I may as well wait for decent weather. Once it warms up a bit I'll take a week or two and potter over the Alps. Also work has been keeping me busy lately, so I'm thinking maybe April time may be best.

Hi, sorry for the delay in an update. Well the bike is still in the UK. As the weather has been bloody awful I thought I'd leave it until things warm up a bit. If I'm going to do a decent trip I think I may as well wait for decent weather. Once it warms up a bit I'll take a week or two and potter over the Alps. Also work has been keeping me busy lately, so I'm thinking maybe April time may be best.

Italy might be shut, by April, closed Borders and all that

We are now deep into April and the OP won’t be going to Italy anytime soon, not by motorbike at least.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom