2019 Moto Guzzi V85TT Review

bisbee

VIGILUM
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
TMFs not mine:thumb

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9hOJ1NGIyaI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Really like this bike but for me the red and white version would be the one to get.
My local dealer might have one in this colour soon hopefully so I can see it in the flesh. :thumb2

Really like this bike but for me the red and white version would be the one to get.
My local dealer might have one in this colour soon hopefully so I can see it in the flesh. :thumb2

Agreed.I think it looks like a lot of bike for the money imho and of course it's a shaftie too

:beerjug:

That’s nice with a grand off for only minimal miles but I’m not sure I like the MaccyD paint scheme on those bikes hence me waiting for a red and white one to be available new or nearly new. :thumb2

And no front mudguard , the gs front gets muddy , that looks like front mudguard could be a chargeable extra

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-000739.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-000739.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4,290
  • 20190918_001733.jpg
    20190918_001733.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 3,001
  • Screenshot_20190918-001356.jpg
    Screenshot_20190918-001356.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 2,923
Brilliant
Why didn't Guzzi fit that from the outset ???

Cost I would imagine.
BMW are the same, but then all manufacturers are cost saving & that interm reduces weight.
So they can say below x weight.
But don't mention what it will weigh once you've put on the essential parts -

fender ext, Mudsling, front crud catcher, handguards, extra lights because OEM are shite etc etc etc..

My Guzzi V85TT

I bought my yellow and white V85TT in June. Extras over the standard bike so-far are Guzzi Engine bars (bargain at £80.00 fitted), Guzzi Pannier brackets - not an unreasonable £190, the upgraded TFT screen with connected services to my phone, a Guzzi 2 year extended warranty, a "touring" screen and a Givi top-box plate.

The bike is as I expected, very left field from my previous Japanese, German and British bikes and was a direct replacement for a Triumph Tiger 800 (which replaced my lovely 2011 1200GS Tripleblack).

I looked to replace the Tiger in the summer of 2018 and considered a Honda Africa Twin and a GS700, neither of which floated my boat. I became aware of the V85TT in the spring following some magazine articles and backed up by numerous You Tube reviews. I just wanted one ! I part-ex'd the Tiger at very local dealer after a thirty minute test ride: I was sold on it. I had to wait 9 weeks for delivery and it arrived in early July.

Did two overnight UK trips in the first few weeks and managed to clock up 2000 miles until its last use two weeks ago.

Basically, I love it. Very minor issues is the lack of grunt really, but I don't really blast bikes like I used to and the performance is more than adequate for the excellent roads in north Wales. It hasn't has much motorway use as both overnighters were planned to avoid Mways. Fuel economy is good, with superb tank range, comfortable and light to ride, loads of vibes mean regular bolt checks - but they are nice vibes. I may well go to Europe next year and beyond on later tours. So far nothing has gone wrong with zero oil consumption. May invest in the heated grips when they become available. Fit and finish seems pretty good and on a par if not better than the Tiger's. Nice bike which does tend to attract attention. Seen another couple on the road - but still rare enough to be a little "exclusive"

Pleased you're enjoying your V85. As an owner of over 130 bikes in the last 48yrs the V85 is without doubt one of my favourite if not my most favourite bike. Try running it in 'Off road mode' it's much more responsive, I have a feeling the may have loaded the maps the wrong way round ? Yes you lose your rear ABS but I can live with that. Best upgrade was to convert from tubed to tubeless tyres, it's fairly easy to do, give me a shout if you want anymore info.

Thanks for the above - have used it in off road mode for a few miles (just to see !) and yes it has a little more grunt..this was a trip from Denbigh to Aberdaron mainly on B and unclassifieds, and yes it did change the feel of the bike. May consider going tubeless next year ;-)....thanks for the offer of help ! I've bought a set of the Lomo soft panniers for the bike, great value for money btw !

I think that Caponord guard is really unobtrusive, it appears that in the flesh it would be barely noticeable.

I'd definitely fit one if I had a V85TT.

BTW my mate ran an Aprilia Shiver for a couple of years - a really sweet and underrated bike - and whilst the dealers were very willing it did feel like they struggled a bit when ordering stuff from the Aprilia mothership.

I got mine in July this year after sending my GS1250 back because of paint bubbling/corrosion on the engine. Loving the V85. It doesn’t go like the BM but it is perfectly good up to the legal limit (and beyond) and doing 65 mpg......and it cost £10k brand new....can get them a little cheaper now

I think it looks fantastic and when I get off it at the end of a ride I have to look and admire it. It gets lots of attention when we stop and there aren’t many around unlike my mates BMW GS 1250 Rallye when he actually go on the wrong bike the other day cos another had parked beside him !!

Attachments

• 40B96188-752D-4D09-A8C4-BDBEDA0CC937.jpg
    40B96188-752D-4D09-A8C4-BDBEDA0CC937.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 1,713
I got mine in July this year after sending my GS1250 back because of paint bubbling/corrosion on the engine. Loving the V85. It doesn’t go like the BM but it is perfectly good up to the legal limit (and beyond) and doing 65 mpg......and it cost £10k brand new....can get them a little cheaper now

I think it looks fantastic and when I get off it at the end of a ride I have to look and admire it. It gets lots of attention when we stop and there aren’t many around unlike my mates BMW GS 1250 Rallye when he actually go on the wrong bike the other day cos another had parked beside him !!

I think that's a fab looking bike.

I used to have a Stelvio, on which I had a big sticker that said "we don't care how they do things in Bavaria". Never had so much attention or comment on a bike before or since :)

My Triple Black GS might as well be invisible...

Who knows how Guzzi think sometimes Johnny? Ordered one from Teasdales a few weeks ago now, no sign of it yet, I believe almost everyone with a V85 has ordered one.

According to this months Motorcycle Sports and Leisure Pyramid Plastics have started to produce a front lower guard for the V85

Attachments

• v85tt.png
    v85tt.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,117

Back
Top Bottom