Keyless Fuel cap won't open now

I had this happen in France bought a tin of WD40 then eventually found the problem.
What it turned out to be ......I was faffing about with a pay pump by the time I'd sorted it the petrol cap had timed out after 2 mins so turning ignition on didn't do anything as it wont open with it on but turn it off and open within 2 minutes it'll be fine

I had this happen in France bought a tin of WD40 then eventually found the problem.
What it turned out to be ......I was faffing about with a pay pump by the time I'd sorted it the petrol cap had timed out after 2 mins so turning ignition on didn't do anything as it wont open with it on but turn it off and open within 2 minutes it'll be fine

Tried that still won't open !

why do people need keyless anything ?

progress for progress' sake .

i feel for the mechanics who have to deal with this shit.
Before I had keyless I'd have agreed wholeheartedly (didn't spec mine, just happened to be on the second hand bike I bought) but having now had it for a while I love it and fully get it...even after falling foul of the 2 minute lock down (my fault, didn't RTFM!!!).

That said, whether this is a mechanical catch or software glitch issue, I can see how you'd very quickly fall out of love with the feature. BMW have surely got to sort this - and quickly?! :(

If you remove the two front leading bolts you get access as it opens, it’s a faff but gets you a full tank.

Last Saturday in Wales it wouldn't start now I can't open the fuel cap ,fortunately I'm only 2 miles from home .This is getting ridiculous !

Looks like you have the Friday afternoon one, sorry for your pain.
Part exchange it for a Suzuki.

This has happened to me twice on two separate bikes. On both occasions it turned out to be the battery in the fob not giving out the optimum voltage. Very frustrating and needless to say, I could not replicate it at the dealers. It only came up when they did that jiggery-pokery stuff with the laptop. New batteries and Bob's your uncle. I even carry a spare with me now.

My Hardley Driveable has a keyless fuel cap; actually it has a lockless fuel cap although you do have to twist it a bit :augie

Yeah, go steady tiger - stay mindful of the Rattle of Death......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this continues to happen on mine then I will fit a race type twist cap without a lock, not sure if people still nick fuel out of your tank these days?

If this continues to happen on mine then I will fit a race type twist cap without a lock, not sure if people still nick fuel out of your tank these days?
Taking fuel out would not be the worry..........it's what might be put in!!!

I used to use one on my Ducati but that was never really left out of my sight when I was using it.

Sent from a U11

Can the dealer not retro fit you a Key type filler cap and then you Just spray the lock with graphite spray every 6 months ??

AND Put the filler key in a secluded place or with your Keyless "keycard"

Nothing is ever really keyless is it ??

Taking fuel out would not be the worry..........it's what might be put in!!!

I used to use one on my Ducati but that was never really left out of my sight when I was using it.

Sent from a U11

People putting stuff in never even crossed my mind, damn

Take your bike to a dealer and get them to replace the whole fuel cap assembly. This is a recognised fault. that is what your warranty is for.

Unbelievable,after trying all sorts last night the fucking thing opens now as normal :blast

Unbelievable,after trying all sorts last night the fucking thing opens now as normal :blast

User error ya doomed Tyzer, still think something is not communicating correctly, and it might just be a faulty fob, it has happened many times, first the no start and now this, I personally am seeing a pattern leading to a new fob coming.

Back
Top Bottom