Beeline gps?

justin754

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone bought one of these?
I don’t bother with a gps on the bike, preferring a map in the top of my tankbag, but my eyesight is now at the point where I either need to tape my reading glasses to the bottom of my visor, or get all my maps reprinted twice as big.
I like the simplicity the beeline offers, just hoping someone has some first hand experience of one.

Popular with the lycra clad brigade.

Me? For a few quid more you could buy a secondhand fully functional GPS device.... or you could just use your phone.

Yeah, I get that, but I don't want an all singing all dancing sat nav on the bike. I've got a cradle to fit my TomTom from my campervan onto the bike, but have never bothered.
I just like the idea of a subtle prompt to turn the right way every now and then.

Then get one.

If it’s useless on a motorcycle, sell it on a bicycle riders’ forum.

I like the concept. Not sure about how useful it could be.

Even on a pushbike a cheaper Garmin Edge can give you a tiny bit more information:
edge_bank_small.jpg

Looking at this review it looks like a not very accurate way of getting somewhere as it only gives a compass heading and distance so lots of going down dead end streets. Its also reliant on linking with google maps on your phone and the app actually working so thats going to be getting flat very quickly too.

I think the KTM's dashboard on the 1290 works in a similar way right?
Pairs with Google Maps and gives you just turn indications if I understood it right.

it seems to include a small icon to indicate next turn direction and distance but no audible feedback so if you like constantly looking at the device instead of the road I guess it does

The audio comes from the phone its paired with via the app.

I looked at these and wondered who on earth designed that info screen. It's far too abbreviated. It's like game of memory, trying to remember what means what precisely. A satnav is bad enough, but at last you have some context of your position/location on the map. This thing might work at bicycle speeds... not sure I'd ever buy one though.

As AndyArcher suggests, it demands you look at it far too often. I share his thinking.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I looked at these and wondered who on earth designed that info screen. It's far too abbreviated.
As AndyArcher suggests, it demands you look at it far too often.

The reality seems to be otherwise.
I don't see the need to be looking at a screen when you have voice instructions.

I know someone that looks at his screen because he can tell when a sharp bend is coming up. FFS!

So if your using the phone audio anyway why not just use google maps with it in your pocket thus saving good Beer tokens?

I don't see the need to be looking at a screen when you have voice instructions.

You can just use Google maps with the phone in your pocket then.

Clearly everyone has got an opinion on what they do and don't need from a bike satnav, but no-one has actually got any first hand knowledge of this one.
Mine arrived in the post this morning, despite being told it wouldn't be with me until November.
I shall let you know what I think once I've had a chance to use it in anger (providing I can still ride a bike safely whilst staring at it constantly, and have not ridden off the side of the planet because there wasn't a voice telling me which way to go).

Clearly everyone has got an opinion on what they do and don't need from a bike satnav, but no-one has actually got any first hand knowledge of this one.
Mine arrived in the post this morning, despite being told it wouldn't be with me until November.
I shall let you know what I think once I've had a chance to use it in anger (providing I can still ride a bike safely whilst staring at it constantly, and have not ridden off the side of the planet because there wasn't a voice telling me which way to go).

Keep us posted. Interested in your feedback.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Got mine in July. Seems to work as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom