Royal Enfield Interceptor

My mate's son in law has just started a ride across India on one. I'll report back when I hear how he's getting on.

You can't compare an Interceptor to a new Bonnie or Street Twin

A much fairer comparison would be with a used, older, 790 or 865 air cooled model

The suspension as standard on the Bonnies is shite.
The Interceptor feels a bit soft but Ohlins have some units coming out.

I wouldn’t mind spending a bit on a £5k bike but resented doing the same on a bike that cost double and should have been better as standard.

I looked at the RE display at Sycamore/Balderston the other day - surprising to see at a Motorrad dealer. Interesting at that price-point, very much pitched at the senior/born again biker it would seem, so it will suit the sunny summer days scene perfectly.

Still, you can pick up the real thing, a good example of the 1960s original, for very little more. Will need more regular TLC, but unlikely to depreciate.

I looked at the RE display at Sycamore/Balderston the other day - surprising to see at a Motorrad dealer. Interesting at that price-point, very much pitched at the senior/born again biker it would seem, so it will suit the sunny summer days scene perfectly.

Still, you can pick up the real thing, a good example of the 1960s original, for very little more. Will need more regular TLC, but unlikely to depreciate.
Very true, but if you want to get there and back without hassle I’d go for a new one

I went to test ride one a couple of months back, as I had encountered someone who was raving about his and to be fair it looked pretty good to me....He has loads of bikes, so was comparing it to lots of other machines favourably and I have yet to hear anything bad about them and I do like them.....But I need to get on one.....I suspect it shall fit me rather well.:thumb

You can't compare an Interceptor to a new Bonnie or Street Twin

A much fairer comparison would be with a used, older, 790 or 865 air cooled model

Yes you can. They are all in basically the same market, so why can't you compare them. Like for like I think the Enfield is fantastic value.

My mate's son in law has just started a ride across India on one. I'll report back when I hear how he's getting on.

Just got this message from him, he rides an R9T at home:
"Hi David. All good in India. 3,500km so far on this beauty. Can’t fault it. Good on tarmac, gravel, potholes, farm track and water crossings 😊. If you’d like to see a bit more and you’re on Instagram, you can find me at bengo_raggett. If you’re thinking of getting one, I would. Cheers, Ben"

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 11.20.08.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 11.20.08.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 454
Just wait until these come out, if they look the same in the flesh I'll be having one

The RE CEO said in an interview there are no plans as yet for a 650 Himalayan or the like as they are concentrating in other areas.

These photoshop type pictures keep appearing but are generally seen as just clickbate.

Be interesting if they ever do introduce sich a thing though.

The RE CEO said in an interview there are no plans as yet for a 650 Himalayan or the like as they are concentrating in other areas.

These photoshop type pictures keep appearing but are generally seen as just clickbate.

Be interesting if they ever do introduce sich a thing though.

The last two photos i posted are of real bikes , already built with support of RE in the UK

What about the service costs , I believe they are more frequent and will therefore turn out more costly in the long run.

What about the service costs , I believe they are more frequent and will therefore turn out more costly in the long run.
Given the mileage I’d be likely to do servicing would be annual anyway so no problem for me and probably lots of others too.

The UK service interval is 6000 miles but, they are easy to service yourself if so inclined.
There is the warranty question of course, but that depends to some degree on your dealer as does the cost which can vary quite a lot
if the Himalayan is anything to go by.

The UK service interval is 6000 miles but, they are easy to service yourself if so inclined.
There is the warranty question of course, but that depends to some degree on your dealer as does the cost which can vary quite a lot
if the Himalayan is anything to go by.

All you have to do is buy the recommended oil and fillter from the dealer; and keep the receipt and your warranty should be fine. Unless someone knows different.

All you have to do is buy the recommended oil and fillter from the dealer; and keep the receipt and your warranty should be fine. Unless someone knows different.

When the importers (MotoGB) were asked the question "if i service it myself will i retain the warranty" it was an emphatic no.
Take it to a VAT registered establishment, keep all the receipts and be prepared to show all the evidence and yes, maybe.
That said, i have replaced the front caliper on my Himalayan myself supplied under warranty by the dealer i now use and he
knows i service the bike myself so, we'll see if that keeps up if i have any further problems.

What is the warranty period? I am really interested to see what happens with residuals for these as they are so cheap to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom