Royal Enfield Interceptor

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody bought one, ridden one ??

Thoughts?

Road tests seem to be positive. I took a gander at Haywards in Cambridge. Build quality a bit iffy in places, but that seems to be the case across the board these days and considering the price I guess it is good value. I would never buy new from any manufacturer but I might be tempted to try a used one in a couple of years when I am fairly confident there are no hidden gremlins.

There was one at my local bike night on weds, it actually looked pretty good tbh,.
The guy riding it was certainly singing it's praises. Looks better value than the similar triumph parked near it. (May have been something like a speedtwin) not really in touch with the latest bikes.

Had a gander at one when at Aberdare. Finish was pretty bad.footrest hangers rusting and crankcases already tarnished.

Sat on one at a bike show and as others have said I was a bit disappointed with the finish / build quality

Having said that they’re made by Indians for Indians and for India, so it’ll probably last forever

I took a demo out as did my mate, and he bought one.
I really liked it and was tempted but ended up getting my Svartpilen instead.
It’s a really nice motor.The quoted power figures don’t do it justice as it makes nice power and also sounds great on standard cans.
Bit of a bargain for the money I think.

I have one and think it’s great for the money, nice engine and feels nice all round to drive.

I took a demo out as did my mate, and he bought one.
I really liked it and was tempted but ended up getting my Svartpilen instead.
It’s a really nice motor.The quoted power figures don’t do it justice as it makes nice power and also sounds great on standard cans.
Bit of a bargain for the money I think.
That’s interesting - one of the three reasons I binned the 900 Triumph was it felt like a 400 super dream just dull

Don’t mind a small Motor but want to feel it’s character..

Just wait until these come out, if they look the same in the flesh I'll be having one

Attachments

• Royal-Enfield-Scrambler-650-Classic.jpg
    Royal-Enfield-Scrambler-650-Classic.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 806
  • Royal-Enfield-Scrambler-Rendering-2.jpg
    Royal-Enfield-Scrambler-Rendering-2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 863
Don’t know but think we’ll need double jointed knees and ankles just to ride it. Still cursing the R9T.

They've already supported a couple of specials built to similar spec

Attachments

• royal-enfield-interceptor-650-malle-rally-1.jpg
    royal-enfield-interceptor-650-malle-rally-1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 795
  • royal-enfield-interceptor-650-malle-rally-12.jpg
    royal-enfield-interceptor-650-malle-rally-12.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 802
Think I’ll wait a bit... see if they produce that...

I imagine Triumph sales must have taken a hit since the launch of the Interceptor. I must admit I’m sorely tempted to get one; there isn’t a single thing on it I’d want to change.

Royal-Enfield-Interceptor-650-3.jpg

It may not boast the finish of the equivelant models from other manufacturers but it is also several 1000s of pounds cheaper. It is easy enough to protect the finish to maintain it with modern products such as ACF50 and bikes costing much more have been know to lose their finish very quickly - I've seen BMWs and Harleys with corrosion after just a couple of years.

I took a test ride on one. Great engine, lovely to ride, perfect for bimbling around little B roads of a weekend. Engine makes a nice noise too. Also surprising roomy for a ‘little’ bike. I liked it but not enough to have it as my only bike and I’d forgotten how much wind blast my 6’5” frame cops on a naked bike. If you can afford two bikes, give it a go,

You can't compare an Interceptor to a new Bonnie or Street Twin

A much fairer comparison would be with a used, older, 790 or 865 air cooled model

It may not boast the finish of the equivelant models from other manufacturers but it is also several 1000s of pounds cheaper. It is easy enough to protect the finish to maintain it with modern products such as ACF50 and bikes costing much more have been know to lose their finish very quickly - I've seen BMWs and Harleys with corrosion after just a couple of years.

Quite a few Thruxton and other Triumph reviews mentioned the finish of the unprotected alloy parts suffering within a very short time. I think even the "premium" products need the protection.

Back
Top Bottom