Dash Cams / Action Cams / V-Sys

Motocentral

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We've just been approached to sell a few Dash Cameras, which apart from Innov, we've not really seen many on the UK market, but it seems a great idea to us.

We've just seen a few examples of the V-Sys Dual Camera Full HD (Both front and Rear) Dash Camera which sounds brilliant.

We currently only really sell helmet cameras, so this is completely new for us, but here's why I think these Dash Cams would be perfect for riders.

1. Full HD front and rear - you can currently buy some poor quality ones on eBay cheap but there aren't many on the market which are genuinly Full HD on both cameras.
2. You can combine one with a waterproof handebar mount, and use it almost as a rear facing camera for parking, and to half help with life savers... not that you should be looking at the screen but I know a lot will.
3. Obviously for insurance purposes these could end up saving you thousands if you're able to prove what happened in an accident wasn't your fault.
4. You can download full data from them easily, and use your smartphone to control the screen display.

How much should they be? A lot more than they actually are that's for sure. Considering the new Drift Ghost XL camera does half the stuff one of these does, and only records one way and that's £149.99.. the Dual Camera Dash Camera is only £199.99.

Let me know what you think? We're going to put them in the shop, think we've got a few arriving today. Am I over egging the pudding a bit or are they as good as they sound. Would be great to see if anyone already has one and to see what they think.

Thanks as always

Kind Regards
Jamie
Moto Central.

I fitted the P6FL to my 1150GSA and apart from a little issue with the clock, which was sorted with a firmware upgrade, I'm very impressed so far. They're easy to fit despite very basic installation guides and the footage is excellent.

I fitted the P6FL to my 1150GSA and apart from a little issue with the clock, which was sorted with a firmware upgrade, I'm very impressed so far. They're easy to fit despite very basic installation guides and the footage is excellent.

How much did you pay for that model, and is it Full HD both front & rear?

Bought the one below, cost 154 dollars with smart cable, and got another 50 dollars customs addon, so cost me about 200 dollars all in very happy indeed.

SYS VSYS Full Body Waterproof Motorcycle Camera Recorder P6FL WiFi Dual 1080P Full HD Motorcycle DVR Dash Cam Black GPS Box

Price:
US $154.27 / piece

Bought the one below, cost 154 dollars with smart cable, and got another 50 dollars customs addon, so cost me about 200 dollars all in very happy indeed.

SYS VSYS Full Body Waterproof Motorcycle Camera Recorder P6FL WiFi Dual 1080P Full HD Motorcycle DVR Dash Cam Black GPS Box

Price:
US $154.27 / piece

The one we're getting in is quite similar, the display unit is different and cameras a lot smaller in size, but the tech specs are pretty close. The one we're doing has a display unit which is really well made, weather proof (not waterproof but the case you can get to attach to handlebards if wanted is)

Ours will be £199.99 and definitely seems worth the extra few quid, I'm glad it's positive though I thought it was a genuinly amazing idea.

The one we're getting in is quite similar, the display unit is different and cameras a lot smaller in size, but the tech specs are pretty close. The one we're doing has a display unit which is really well made, weather proof (not waterproof but the case you can get to attach to handlebards if wanted is)

Ours will be £199.99 and definitely seems worth the extra few quid, I'm glad it's positive though I thought it was a genuinly amazing idea.

They actually work really good once you understand that you need to put your phone in aeroplane mode android, and just connect via wifi to the unit, otherwise the rest is fine, and image quality is excellent, and just for info I put a 256gb card in and no problems at all.

How much did you pay for that model, and is it Full HD both front & rear?

Just over £170 with a smart power lead and GPS dongle, full HD front & rear 1080P @ 30fps or 720P @ 60fps I believe.

I have the innovv k2 both cameras are 1080p 30fps. Really pleased a bit salty at close to £300.

If the proposed cameras offer similar quality then at £199 that is sweet spot in term on price.

Personally i wish a system existed with the front camera at 1080p 60fps and the rear could be 30fps.

Using my go pro at 60fps the quality difference is night and day compared to 30fps and of course with dash cams they are always on.

I have has two incidences where a vehicle has attempted to reverse into me while stationary, once being in Spain last Monday. Luckily blaring the horn and shouting prevented a shunt, imagine with no camera... and no witnesses the biker will be blamed.

I was looking at the blueskysea dv 688 after looking at the footage a lad took on a run up to London that we did on sat. Only thing I'd like is to be ableto fix one of the two cameras to my lid, not wanting much am I ��

At that point, you'd need to cover all angles, get a Drift Ghost Camera plus the Dash Cam, expensive day for you =)

V-Sys experience is very positive

Installed a V-Sys P6F recently. Easy to install. Works just like it says in the marketing. Excellent.

Back
Top Bottom