Advice needed, Nth Poland

NeilDD

Old enough to know better
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
A bit of background firstly....

Next May I will be trucking one of my bikes out to the Gdansk area for a rally, then at the end of the rally I will be riding home via Poland, Germany and the Netherlands.

The bike will be a 50's British Classic, with a range of around 150 miles per tank, and a cruising speed about 60-65 MPH

So the questions are;
1/ What are the roads like in the Nth of Poland, as I would like to try and stay off the motorways
2/ Are fuel stations plentiful on the quieter roads

That's about it for the moment

TIA
Neil

Morning Neil
My bike (2011 Bonneville) has a similar range and we never had an issue with finding fuel.
The roads we used were generally ok, don't think I've been on a Polish motorway.
I remember one main road going from good tarmac to loose polished cobbles for a couple of miles, wide enough for 4 cars, but with no road markings. Hilarious in the rain.
Some roads were concrete, there's one somewhere near the wolfs lair that went from concrete to mud, then sand. Great on a road bike two up.
That's the only couple of occasions I can remember when they were less than ok, I would say you'd be fine.
Sounds like a great trip.
justin

Thanks Justin
Greatly appreciated

I will do RR when I get out there

Neil

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cross up near Usedom there's a smaller road that pretty much leads you into Gdansk. We didn't have any issue avoid the tripe soup.... it's horrid...

Back
Top Bottom