Who’s got one?

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Stadler suits..... Talk to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Stadler Supervent 3 jacket and 4 AllPro trousers. What do you want to know?

I see that it is a two part jacket with 3 later laminate removable outer jacket.

I more curious to know your experience with the garment and if you have had any issues?

I was in Black Forest a couple of weeks back and tried on their Track 2 Pro jacket and Course Pro trousers.

Liked it but even the long versions will need making from scratch to accommodate my super long Arms and Legs. +40mm to the lower arm and +80mm to lower leg.

Price is on par with Rukka/Klim but warranty is 10 years and the fact that garment is made in Germany instead of Far East justifies the cost to me.

I have the Stadler Supervent 3 jacket and 4 AllPro trousers. What do you want to know?

Anything you can praise it for, the good and maybe not so good.

Just in case you did not know, Stadler do an optional chest protector too priced at €49.90 including the retaining pocket.

0e17002884996162e408ef2ce6a0fde0.jpg
e6cc16ceb06e672406d66bc5bbc3ae9b.jpg

I don't have your sizing problems so can't comment on that aspect. I didn't know about the chest protector...

The longest trip I've done in mine was to Sud Ouest France at the end of August - it was 33C in Folkestone when I boarded the tunnel and even with the extra venting on the jacket I was hot - but then I suspect any other jacket would have been similar. I ride an RT so do not get a lot of "air" unless the screen is down (and hence noisy).

Caught in heavy rain north of Rouen on the way back and generally the gear seemed to perform as hoped but I still haven't decided whether the slight "dampness" that I thought I could feel in the inside pockets of the jacket was my imagination, internal condensation, transfer from wet outside via hands etc when opening or whether indeed there is slight permeability - I'm trying to coordinate a riding opportunity with some "stair rod" rain here to test the waterproofing once and for all....

Overall so far I'm pleased with the construction and quality. On returning home with my first jacket I noticed a slight imperfection in the fabric - as if it had contacted a sharp object or suchlike - Motolegends replaced it straight away with no hassle.

I don't have your sizing problems so can't comment on that aspect. I didn't know about the chest protector...

The longest trip I've done in mine was to Sud Ouest France at the end of August - it was 33C in Folkestone when I boarded the tunnel and even with the extra venting on the jacket I was hot - but then I suspect any other jacket would have been similar. I ride an RT so do not get a lot of "air" unless the screen is down (and hence noisy).

Caught in heavy rain north of Rouen on the way back and generally the gear seemed to perform as hoped but I still haven't decided whether the slight "dampness" that I thought I could feel in the inside pockets of the jacket was my imagination, internal condensation, transfer from wet outside via hands etc when opening or whether indeed there is slight permeability - I'm trying to coordinate a riding opportunity with some "stair rod" rain here to test the waterproofing once and for all....

Overall I'm pleased with the construction and quality. On returning home with my first jacket I noticed a slight imperfection in the fabric - as if it had contacted a sharp object or suchlike - Motolegends replaced it straight away with no hassle.

Good info there. The jacket I am going for isn’t a super vent and likely to be slightly warmer. I just do not like those big “envelope” pockets. Eaqually not keen of site tension straps but it seem there is no getting away from that.

How does the back protector work in heat? I have noticed it has a consistency of a steak with just a few holes in it. Does it breath well?

I have the all pro trousers. I find they keep me dry in torrential rain. I am the opposite to you as I need the short version which I find spot on. The pockets are not water proof, but only let water in when it was biblical rain and in it for around 6hrs. Prior to these I had a pair of Klim. I do prefer these. If this is worth anything I am considering the jacket as my current Rukka is way past its best.

I have the all pro trousers. I find they keep me dry in torrential rain. I am the opposite to you as I need the short version which I find spot on. The pockets are not water proof, but only let water in when it was biblical rain and in it for around 6hrs. Prior to these I had a pair of Klim. I do prefer these. If this is worth anything I am considering the jacket as my current Rukka is way past its best.

It is being said by Motolegends that Rukka Nivala jacket “is comfier to wear” than Stadler. But I found Stadler nice and snug in all the right places without any rotational movement of the armour, unlike my Rukka jackets. The armour is made by Knox (if I am right) and is nicely curved to protect your elbows and shoulders really well.

My Rukka kit is simply to short. I came back from my trip with 2” tan bands on my wrists. Trousers keep riding up the boot and ended up sitting onto of them. Exposing my shins to the wind, rain. Alternative was to undo the zipper and let them flare out, but then the things are flapping about in the wind.

Stadler suits..... Talk to me!

The Irish Traffic Cops (RPU) all wear Stadler. No complaints from them, but I've heard a few comments recently about fitting etc even after individual measurements were taken. I have a Stadler leather suit and have no complaints at all.

Replying to your query about the back protector, I can't say that in the heat (low to mid 30's) I noticed it was a particular problem. I understand what you're saying about the side pockets and adjusters but they are what they are - I find the ensemble comfortable to wear, although I haven't tried a Nivala. The detachable rear pouch is a handy place to stow the storm collar - although that is an "extra".

Replying to your query about the back protector, I can't say that in the heat (low to mid 30's) I noticed it was a particular problem. I understand what you're saying about the side pockets and adjusters but they are what they are - I find the ensemble comfortable to wear, although I haven't tried a Nivala. The detachable rear pouch is a handy place to stow the storm collar - although that is an "extra".

I like their Evo Modul suit, but knowing me, I’ll be soaked before I put the goretex bits on. Motolegends rave about the supervent, but those pockets is a big no no for me. Maybe when I am 70 and need to keep a nappy handy and dry just in case. Alternative is to go with Track II Pro. Waterproof leather on the vulnerable bits and according to a German dealer, leather bum patch is much nicer to sit on over fabric one. Can’t comment on that as have no experience. Wife don’t like leather sofas, so can’t even compare to that.

The Irish Traffic Cops (RPU) all wear Stadler. No complaints from them, but I've heard a few comments recently about fitting etc even after individual measurements were taken. I have a Stadler leather suit and have no complaints at all.

I was told that German moto cops wear Stadler too. Unfortunately I’ve not seen any on my two day journey recently, so can not comment.

Touratech campanero suits are made by Stadler too. Although apparently to a specific budget. I did try one on while at TT HQ and I can’t say I liked it.

I like their Evo Modul suit, but knowing me, I’ll be soaked before I put the goretex bits on. Motolegends rave about the supervent, but those pockets is a big no no for me. Maybe when I am 70 and need to keep a nappy handy and dry just in case. Alternative is to go with Track II Pro. Waterproof leather on the vulnerable bits and according to a German dealer, leather bum patch is much nicer to sit on over fabric one. Can’t comment on that as have no experience. Wife don’t like leather sofas, so can’t even compare to that.

Wasn't planning on getting a evo jacket but got talked in to one and I found it very good for touring. I am more likely to be too hot than cold, so the partial mesh inner jacket I thought was a better option than a waterproof jacket with vents on a hot day. I also found the outer jacket I would wear on days 20c and below and when the day warmed up I could unzip the vents which was good to about 24 -25c.
I also own a mesh rukka and a rukka energator. I found the evo was a better option than either and am sold on the interphase between the inner and the vented outer evo jackets.

I looked (very) hard at Rukka, Stadler and Klim before choosing a suit for my London-Beijing odyssey, where a single suit had to be able to cope with everything from -10 to +35, rain, snow and sun.

I chose Klim Badlands Pro. It's not perfect but I reckoned it was the best compromise - it's easy to add layers underneath, is very well vented (way better than the Stadler) and is bulletproof when it comes to falling off (as I can say from experience). On the downside, it's stiff, heavy and not so comfortable, especially when it's new.

The Rukka Nivala simply won't hack it in properly hot weather - not enough vents - but for the rest of the time in the UK, it would probably be my choice.

The Stadler kit is also great for regular UK riding - the troos in particular are extraordinarily comfy to wear but. Found the armour a pain. When. it's cool (when you first put in on) it's really hard and uncomfortable. It does soften up after a while when you walk around the shop in it. Whether it would on a cold winter's day, who knows?

I looked (very) hard at Rukka, Stadler and Klim before choosing a suit for my London-Beijing odyssey, where a single suit had to be able to cope with everything from -10 to +35, rain, snow and sun.

I chose Klim Badlands Pro. It's not perfect but I reckoned it was the best compromise - it's easy to add layers underneath, is very well vented (way better than the Stadler) and is bulletproof when it comes to falling off (as I can say from experience). On the downside, it's stiff, heavy and not so comfortable, especially when it's new.

The Rukka Nivala simply won't hack it in properly hot weather - not enough vents - but for the rest of the time in the UK, it would probably be my choice.

The Stadler kit is also great for regular UK riding - the troos in particular are extraordinarily comfy to wear but. Found the armour a pain. When. it's cool (when you first put in on) it's really hard and uncomfortable. It does soften up after a while when you walk around the shop in it. Whether it would on a cold winter's day, who knows?

Great feedback there.

I however have a bit of a “freak” issue. When I am sat on the bike, I need extra 3”-4” added to the length of sleeves and 4” to the bottom of long length trousers.

I currently own two Rukka suits (well two jackets and a pair of trousers) regilar size jackets and C3 (long) trousers.

As I am sat on the bike, (an I have been measured) I must have 39” inseam. So on a Stadler suit that would be +80mm and +40mm to the sleeves. Both articles are long versions (size 102)

Unfortunately Rukka do offer the service of making things longer but it cost (as informed) circa £250-£300 per sleeve and trousers leg. That option is out the window, especially if you think about the cost of Nivala Suit.

Klim don’t do long sizes in their jackets. They do long trousers, but only 34” waist upwards. I am 32” waist. No good. I spoke to Adventure Speck (UK Klim importer) and they have confirmed this. No good yet again.

Stadler however is in my mind as good as Klim in terms of materials use and are offering custom sizing to order. Waiting time is 6-8 weeks and delivered from their German factory. Not PRC. The cost of a custom suit is less than Nivala and probably even cheaper than Klim.

So I am 99% sold on Stadler. Just want to know owner reviews and opinions.

Back
Top Bottom