Croatia in October

Pino

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking of a trip across Germany into Austria and down to Croatia the first two weeks in October is it too late in the year and would it be comfortable enough in two weeks ,we will be doing Hull Zebrugge Saturday to Saturday ?
Any practical advise would be appreciated .

One of the lads in work is looking to sort out a bike shuttle to Milan, to fly in via sleezyjet or similar then to potter round Croatia etc and ride home. It wasn't daft money to ship a bike over there, and Milan wasn't that far away for a starting point...

We guess you are going next year, or some time after that?

Is it possible to get to Croatia and back comfortably in two weeks? Yes. Can YOU do it, comfortably at that time, in that period? Only YOU know the answer to that.

What will the weather be like? Who can tell, exactly. I went to Luxembourg (sort of on your way) last week and it was OK, nothing more than occasional drizzle, with temperatures that fluctuated even with a few miles between 17 C and 7 C. Three days earlier, pissing down, uniformly cold(ish) with some D roads flooded. What do YOU think the weather will be like on the way down and in Croatia in early October next year, if you had to guess for a million pounds or your life depended on it? I guess you’d try your best to make as accurate a guess as you could manage.

Practical advice:

1. Get a map

2. Use your imagination

3. Pack spare underpants and a toothbrush

We guess you are going next year, or some time after that?

Is it possible to get to Croatia and back comfortably in two weeks? Yes. Can YOU do it, comfortably at that time, in that period? Only YOU know the answer to that.

What will the weather be like? Who can tell, exactly. I went to Luxembourg (sort of on your way) last week and it was OK, nothing more than occasional drizzle, with temperatures that fluctuated even with a few miles between 17 C and 7 C. Three days earlier, pissing down, uniformly cold(ish) with some D roads flooded. What do YOU think the weather will be like on the way down and in Croatia in early October next year, if you had to guess for a million pounds or your life depended on it? I guess you’d try your best to make as accurate a guess as you could manage.

Practical advice:

1. Get a map

2. Use your imagination

3. Pack spare underpants and a toothbrush

Don’t forget the credit card and booking.com app on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom