halfpint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
so has every one given up on them or sold them ? just not a bmw !

Sold mine. Going back to a full enduro/ trail bike. Still think it's a cracking bike for the money. Defo needs bar risers though.

We still have ours, it's a 310R and it's SWMBOs bike. She loves it and I must admit it's a very fun thing to ride, comfy too. The GS variant was good fun, had one as a service loan bike in the summer and it felt very nice to ride. I think they're a great machine.

Another 310r owner here. 800gs and 1200gs are in the garage since Hammersmith Bridge closed.

steady steve please could you tell me the length of the rear shock hole to hole ,did the rally raid rear shock make any difference ?

steady steve please could you tell me the length of the rear shock hole to hole ,did the rally raid rear shock make any difference ?

Will measure it tomorrow.
RR shock made a big difference although I specced it with a slightly harder spring. Can't remember the details exactly but if you look on the RR website it lists the options. Mine was one step above the standard spring.
It coped well with the preload wound up to approx 70% of its travel -- me at 85kg including riding gear, Vario topbox full of stuff, softbags full of stuff and a 3-man Khyam tent plus camping gear on the back seat. That's a lot of weight on the arse end-- we did some rough stuff and I only felt it bottom out once.....fully expected it to at that particular point but it was too late to slow down Officer.

Handlebars with top clamp, rear shock, bar end weights, engine guard, front suspension spring, stubby brake and clutch levers For Sale.

thanks

thanks for the info .so what has replaced it ?

250excf. There was a few 2019 models on offer with a £500 bling voucher.... Picking it up on Saturday hopefully. Never had a new vehicle, 2 wheels or 4. Will be clearing a space in the front room..
Didn't lose any money on the 310 ,so happy days.

Back
Top Bottom