Dent Event - Friday 15th Saturday 16th Sunday 17th May 2020

My understanding is that she's still smarting from the local council bollocking she got for the numbers on site at the beer fest and that's why available pitches were vastly reduced for the fest!

She's greedy and avaricious ... money is all that matters to her :blast

:beerjug:

was that the old biddy in the tea shop..?

From the 2018 Event ....

i-WfS9tNb-L.jpg

I called in last month on my way up to Scotland, pal Tom came across for the night in his MoHome. There was only the two of us on the campsite.
When Tom paid (£22.50) he mentioned that it was rather expensive. She waved the money at him and stormed off saying "How can I live on £22.50 a day" Ha ha ha ....

She came to me and said "I don't like him, he's complained that I'm too dear" I told her that she was ... there was only two units on the campsite, Tom and myself. She stormed off again moaning under her breath, chuntering!

I spent the next three weeks touring Scotland and used quite a few campsites. Everyone was far cheaper, most with better facilities. Not one of the sites moaned about not being able to live on the £12 to £15 I'd paid (and that includes WiFi and good hot showers, unlike High Laning) All the camp sites were reasonably busy :thumb

She charged me £45 for a 907 Camping Gaz refill ... everywhere else (I checked) it hovered around the £30 mark

That'll not happen again :rob

She does us a bit of a deal for our UKGSer weekend in May, so I shan't fall out with her, even though she wants to up the prices :eek:

If she just had one person camping, a night, she may have a point, but how many people, on average does she have stay over the course of a month? That’s the headline figure she needs to work on. Before she puts everyone off coming back.

If she just had one person camping, a night, she may have a point, but how many people, on average does she have stay over the course of a month? That’s the headline figure she needs to work on. Before she puts everyone off coming back.

You all ought to count your lucky stars for Margaret and her pricing......It is the one reason I will not go to this event, yes I could afford it, but it goes against the grain to pay for something that is not it`s true value.....I have paid over the odds for motorcycles because I wanted them and the value was in it for me, but to pay what she wants for camping.....Well, she can fuck off.:thumb2
Plus, she sold me an out of date mayonnaise, that capped it off for me.:D

Well I think £45 a night B+B down the road is a good deal, comfy dry warm bed, ensuite bog and shower, and a decent full monty breakfast. You can keep your camping I'm too old and arthritic for all that, although I do enjoy the atmosphere and comarderie of the camp site, as well as Neils hospitally wagon :D I'm looking forward to it all again :beerjug:

You all ought to count your lucky stars for Margaret and her pricing......It is the one reason I will not go to this event, yes I could afford it, but it goes against the grain to pay for something that is not it`s true value.....I have paid over the odds for motorcycles because I wanted them and the value was in it for me, but to pay what she wants for camping.....Well, she can fuck off.:thumb2
Plus, she sold me an out of date mayonnaise, that capped it off for me.:D

For The Dent Event it's £9 a person Dave, thats OK by me. If I go on my own, on another day, it's £22.50

£12.60 up at Keswick this last week, hot showers and WiFi included :D

No brainer :blast

Well I think £45 a night B+B down the road is a good deal, comfy dry warm bed, ensuite bog and shower, and a decent full monty breakfast. You can keep your camping I'm too old and arthritic for all that, although I do enjoy the atmosphere and comarderie of the camp site, as well as Neils hospitally wagon :D I'm looking forward to it all again :beerjug:

£50 at the Buccleuch Arms, Moffat, last week, for a double room B&B :thumby:

See you at the NHW (Neils Hospitality Wagon) ;)

I stopped there on my way up to Strontian a few months back

other than a couple of die hard campererythings the place was deserted.

I didnt avail her of the big (dry) breakfast , but used the small cafe that backs onto the field.

Price wise there wasnt much in it, but the mug of coffee is the dealbreaker ;)

And paid for timed showers :rob :confused:

I'm half tempted to use it as a stopping point next year and go back to Strontian early

I stopped there on my way up to Strontian a few months back

other than a couple of die hard campererythings the place was deserted.

I didnt avail her of the big (dry) breakfast , but used the small cafe that backs onto the field.

Price wise there wasnt much in it, but the mug of coffee is the dealbreaker ;)

And paid for timed showers :rob :confused:

I'm half tempted to use it as a stopping point next year and go back to Strontian early

I hope to make Strontian next year, and as usual when I'm setting off to Scotland, I make for Dent for the first night :thumb

I hope to make Strontian next year, and as usual when I'm setting off to Scotland, I make for Dent for the first night :thumb

Hi guys , hope to make Dent next year also, and just to let you know, Strontian is booked and events page updated, hope to see you there :D

Dates added to calendar. Would see how it goes. Plan is to play in an international tournament the weekend before.

From the 2018 Event ....

i-WfS9tNb-L.jpg

Maybe we can call this joyous image the interbellum. Well done for making it all happen again, Mick and it will doubtless be as good as the previous ones were. Please include me in!

Afternoon all,

Newbie here! just taken possession of my new GSA, hope to be able to make it to Dent as i've never been to any kind of meet up before so as it will be my first time i hope you will take it easy on me!

Cheers,
Tony

Afternoon all,

Newbie here! just taken possession of my new GSA, hope to be able to make it to Dent as i've never been to any kind of meet up before so as it will be my first time i hope you will take it easy on me!

Cheers,
Tony

Watch out for the initiation which involves a barrel and goat.:D

Greetings sir.:beerjug:

Afternoon all,

Cheers,
Tony

You'll be made most welcome Tony :thumby:

See quote below ....

Watch out for the initiation which involves a barrel and goat.:D

Greetings sir.:beerjug:

:D:D:D:D:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom