701 long range anyone ?

Are you planning on still taking the bike to Nomad to have the tower fitted or is it now going to be a self build project?

Fucking hell - they're wide from the front!
Will be going this route soon once I get my arse into gear and sell the ZZR1400.
Still like to idea of the 501 over this though just for size/weight as it'll be the primary bike.
Idea being that its light, can just be jumped on, green lanes, etc as well longer work.
The GS will be the distance/M'way and pillion bike.

Are you planning on still taking the bike to Nomad to have the tower fitted or is it now going to be a self build project?

I’m still planning on taking the bike to Nomad but obviously that plan is on hold !
At least my seat is on it’s way to Renazco as I posted it from California yesterday.
Can’t ride the bike now as the spare seat not yet arrived.

Mike at Nomad Adv has just sent some pics of the tower kit now available for the 701LR.
I think it looks great :

d68efcc7d12079e59864379ea420bb3c.jpg

f698bfff5ce51f00d18eb50a3001a56a.jpg

f416eef18a259d33bebff496cc0f064c.jpg

263230c9f85da6b81b363a0014e93917.jpg

bbd1155761ca38b69fe36c201dca12f3.jpg

looks awesome changing the front of the tank takes your eye off the width and the bash plate toolbox balances out too. very nice is that what your having.

Can you get Sky Sports channels on the telly?
Nice looking bike, apart from the dash mounted tv

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Arsey, Have you ordered the kit from Mike yet? I ordered 2 nav towers early February, no sign of them yet.

Nomad kit is great quality, cannot fault it! However customer service is not quite so good, ordered a low level front mudguard for my 701 mid January, finally got it delivered 17th March following several e mails and leaving several answephone messages.

Would probably suggest letting them do the build as Andyb did rather than mail order route.

Rest of my build has been Rade Garage, again superb quality kit and customer service great.:thumb

Arsey, Have you ordered the kit from Mike yet? I ordered 2 nav towers early February, no sign of them yet.

No, as he’s only just finished the prototype this week.
I’m going to take the bike to him when this all blows over.

Nomad kit is great quality, cannot fault it! However customer service is not quite so good, ordered a low level front mudguard for my 701 mid January, finally got it delivered 17th March following several e mails and leaving several answephone messages.

Would probably suggest letting them do the build as Andyb did rather than mail order route.

Rest of my build has been Rade Garage, again superb quality kit and customer service great.:thumb

See above !

I guess as a father and son team,delays may occur but they seem to produce good kit at reasonable prices.

Back
Top Bottom