Adventure Bike Weekend (Scotland)

jamie todd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been thinking about this for a while now but haven't actually pushed it any further until last month, my plan is to organise a Adventure Bike weekend up here in Scotland in 2020, similar to ABR weekend, dates TBC.
I have been chatting away to a few good biker mates and a couple of possible venues I can use for this event next year. I will have more details on this event over the next two weeks or so, 1 venue is looking possible, large enough to cater for a large number of guests, off road sections etc.

My plan will be to include the following:

1. Adventure Bike Festival village
2. Wide range of trade stands/stalls
3. New bike test rides on and off road
4. Off road riding tuition
5. Off road trail riding loop
6. Land Rover 4x4 expeditions
7. Skills test area
8. Special stages
9. Trials bike demo area
10. Guided ride outs – On road
11. Entertainment, fun for all the family
12. Music/Band etc
13. Festival marquee
14. Guest speakers
15. Camping, Glamping, Caravans and Motorhomes.

Who would be keen to come and join us??

Depending on season - if it is when the midges are out NO. If it is earlier or after then YES. My sister lives on Skye and I categorically will not go to Scotland when the midges are about. I did once, i will never do it again, they affect me that badly. I do carry an antihistimine to help, but the bites still cause me real problems.

pie-in-the-sky.jpg

Well since Cabby is so supportive, put me down as a yes pls....date dependent

Will be watching this for dates. Looks good.:thumb2

PS. To be awkward I'll be turning up on a HD. Need to try out my new back rest.:comfort

Oh and I'll pass on the skills test area.:D

Interested timeofyear/midgies permitting, I'm the twat everyone else is pleased I came as they love me :tears. (the midgies, not everyone else)

What an absolute bunch of utter fannies. The midgees come out for breakfast and supper, so after 8am and before 8pm your precious little skin will be just fine, now MTFU.

What an absolute bunch of utter fannies. The midgees come out for breakfast and supper, so after 8am and before 8pm your precious little skin will be just fine, now MTFU.

I'll stick to avoiding the horrible sods thank you. Midges too, little bastards they are

Adventure Bike Weekend

Good morning all

We now have a great venue confirmed for our event next year, we have decided to use Knockhill Racing Circuit, this is a great place with loads of space for us to use. We will have full use of the 4x4 off road circuit, adventure bike trail riding, skills loop, trials and endure area, main stage, marquee, food/bar, guest speakers, road tours and live track racing on the famous Knockhill Circuit.

It is looking like August we will be running this event, date TBC ;-)

Nice one Jamie, that all sounds good, will keep watching for up dates

Back
Top Bottom