Anyone know where I can store a bike in Iceland for 6 weeks or so??

Franx

Reaction score
The question is, I'm planning an Iceland trip next year on my 650 Dakar in June-July, and again in August-September.
I work away for 5 week periods, with 5 weeks of leave in between each one, so my thoughts are to head across on one leave, ride for two weeks, leave the bike somewhere over there whilst I'm away at work, then return the next leave for a week or so and ride it home.

It may seem a bit long winded, but to squeeze it all into one 5 week trip seems tight, and bearing in mind I'm coming from the Isle of Man, and taking the three ferry times into account, I'm spending more time getting there and back than I am actually over there. For sure, the most I can get out there is just under 2 weeks if I'm to get back on time for work, and the ferries are only twice a week anyway.

This way, I can also take my time riding up from Rotterdam to Hirtsals, and actually take it in, rather than just a mad dash up the motorway, as I'm sure there are some decent places to take in. Same on the way back, as I have time.

That's the background to my question anyway.

What I'm wondering then, is if anyone has any idea where I could keep a bike for 6 weeks or so in Iceland whilst I go away to work.
I don't mind paying for it, but as long as it's secure, and I can get the bike back when I return, that's all I'm looking for.
I wondered about approaching some of the bike guiding places / hire places etc, but have an idea that'll cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom