NEW PC WINDOWS 10

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As it says in title, i have updated my zumo and selected install to device and pc, cant seem to get new maps installed, any ideas the file path looks ok c?program data/garmin/Maps.
Ant help appreciated

To which are you having troubles installing, are there any error mesages?

zumo is fine map info shows new map, pc i get an error message in express after a few seconds of starting the reinstall to pc .

Presumably you have Basecamp installed prior to installing maps?

If so, does Basecamp see the Zumo and load the maps from the satnav

There’s a security feature on w10 that I’ve noticed won’t allow the unlocking of maps in basecamp if your w10 user isn’t the admin account. If you install and later update maps you need to use the admin role to ensure they are unlocked. Doing it via the normal user role hasn’t worked for a while as the garmin installation doesn’t appear to be able to generate the relevant elevate privilege request for W10 (which should give a prompt for user to approve or not) . Not clear if this is the OPs problem but thought it was worth sharing.

If that is the issue right click the Garmin shortcut and select run as administrator to escalate its permissions.

Well Ive now got the maps on my pc only they are locked ffs, call to garmin monday i think, thanks for all the help much appreciated

The unlock problem is the issue I posted there is something in the garmin map install process that can’t ask for or use the elevate privileges run as etc and the only way I’ve found is to unlock or install these as the real admin account on the pc.

Thanks Ian, ive discovered the maps actually arent locked, when viewed on admin user they are fine, I had my old pc set up with only 1 admin user and day to day stuff i used a normal local user id. When i transferred my files accross this was identical set up on now windows 10 , all my documents are thus on the normal user account which i dont seem to be able to access from admin. I updated mapsource software as admin and deleted the original 2010 map that came with navigator disc, now all the garmin shortcuts on normal user are not working. Help

They basically use a different folder for each user thus restricting access to personal data and programs from other accounts.To be honest Id just run windows 10 under the admin account for yourself it makes it so much easier for yourself.

Think your right mate, ive changed account type to admin for user with all my docs, garmin files on that user are all cocked up now so just need to try and sort all that out, Im guessing i need to reinstall it all.

Just copy all your files to the admin account via usb stick though any programs on the individual account may need reinstalling unless you chose during install to allow access to all accounts.

Just copy all your files to the admin account via usb stick though any programs on the individual account may need reinstalling unless you chose during install to allow access to all accounts.

cheers, that was easy, much appreciated Andi:okay:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom