Not happy with ContiTrailAttack 3

I’ve a TA3 on the rear of my AT, still have a 2 on the front. Can’t say it’s anything other than faultless so far and it’ll be interesting to see how well it wears compared to the 2’s.

It only makes sense that the CTA3 is better than the PST2 because it is a 4 year newer tire and Conti probably used the PST2 as the benchmark to improve on.Like I said handling and traction are top.The TA3 are even quicker steering than the RA3 I had on my GS1200ADV.Only rear tire wear I don't like but I can't compare it to the RA3 which lasted 1000 miles longer on the 1200GS.But that engine in E-4 configuration is so much weaker and has way less torque than the 1250GS that it would be comparing apples to oranges.
Next I will try the slower steering RA3 on the 1250 to see how long it lasts despite starting with a millimeter and half less tread debt and if it corrects the high speed issue due to the flatter shaped front wheel...
Either way right now Continental makes the best motorcycle street tires...:thumb2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aplziays8cai5io/Screenshot 2019-12-28 14.02.22.png?dl=0
This is the new tyre that I was told at the NEC will be available next year 2020 , I presume the missing information is due to not being released yet , looks the bolloxs and will fit as soon as it come in.

I won't use Dunlops any more, twice I have tried them and both times grip,grip, crash. Hard carcass and no feedback. I don't weigh much, maybe heavier blokes can squash them into the road more than me.

Anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest place to buy a pair of CTA 2 or 3 (I’ll get them fitted locally)

I’m currently running 2s which I’m really happy with but also happy to try the 3s if there are any offers about.

Just ordered a pair of TA3s from Onopeo for £185 delivered, so I’m a happpy bunny.

:beerjug:

Just ordered another set of Conti TA2's as I like them
9f1c7ddb52926692e64d59cb57cf7d97.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: PWP
Having my conti trail attack 3's fitted next Friday after reading good reviews on here.

Having my conti trail attack 3's fitted next Friday after reading good reviews on here.

Let us know how you get on.

I took a leap of faith too about 1,000 miles ago after reading all the good reviews here and I'm pleased to say they're very good boots. As happy with them as I am with the Scorpion Trail 2's which scored well in a recent Adventure Tyre review too. Tried the Road Attack 3's and just couldn't jive with them so much so that they were removed early.

Got TA3s on my 701LR having had TA2s on numerous bikes over the years.
Loving them so far.Seem very grippy and stable.

To be honest, Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs were my first choice but not available in the size I needed.

Great tyre set , just need to scratch the itch to try the ST2 as a comparison ..to add the RA3 are shite .

Just got my CTA3 on my R1200GS LC.
Moved from Annakee 3's which always felt wooden and did not inspire confidence (altho they never actually let me down)
The CTA3 seems (so far) to have made my GS everything I wanted it to be. It's super confidence inspiring in corners. I have only tried it one-up and no luggage so far, but it's absolutely planted, and my confidence is well up.
No idea on lifespan, or how they feel loaded with luggage and pillion.
However for chasing-on, on tarmac, I'm absolutely delighted.
I also have CTA3 on the front of my F650GS (800 twin) now and can report a similar feeling.
The rubber is so soft to touch on the CTA3, I can dig my fingernail into the rubber, it's so pliable after the harder-compound Annakee's.
Delighted! Lifespan TBC

Just got my CTA3 on my R1200GS LC.
Moved from Annakee 3's which always felt wooden and did not inspire confidence (altho they never actually let me down)
The CTA3 seems (so far) to have made my GS everything I wanted it to be. It's super confidence inspiring in corners. I have only tried it one-up and no luggage so far, but it's absolutely planted, and my confidence is well up.
No idea on lifespan, or how they feel loaded with luggage and pillion.
However for chasing-on, on tarmac, I'm absolutely delighted.
I also have CTA3 on the front of my F650GS (800 twin) now and can report a similar feeling.
The rubber is so soft to touch on the CTA3, I can dig my fingernail into the rubber, it's so pliable after the Annakee's.
Delighted!

They get hot just pushing it out of the garage as well ….

Let us know how you get on.

I took a leap of faith too about 1,000 miles ago after reading all the good reviews here and I'm pleased to say they're very good boots. As happy with them as I am with the Scorpion Trail 2's which scored well in a recent Adventure Tyre review too. Tried the Road Attack 3's and just couldn't jive with them so much so that they were removed early.

Will do.I ain't no scratcher but I do like a decent set of boots on the bike.Stick seems to know his stuff concerning tyres.

They get hot just pushing it out of the garage as well ….

Yes, but it seems like that grip comes at the expense of longevity. I've just had to change my rear after a little over 3000 miles, so it wears like a road tyre. There's apparently a shortage of TA3's at the moment, so I had to get a TA2 as I'm off to Scotland tomorrow. The front TA3 is still almost like new.

Yes, but it seems like that grip comes at the expense of longevity. I've just had to change my rear after a little over 3000 miles, so it wears like a road tyre. There's apparently a shortage of TA3's at the moment, so I had to get a TA2 as I'm off to Scotland tomorrow. The front TA3 is still almost like new.

Thats a point I have made before , but for me riding is a hobby so the cost of tyres is not applicable , I normally do a front and rear in 2500 , and during that time the the tyres have performed 100% .I do not try to get out the last bit of mileage as I wish to enjoy the time on the bike . Best set of tyres I have used , they can also do a Euro trip with no worries ( unlike the PR5) Lorry there lorry back.
I have tried the harder / longer lasting tyres but the trade off is not worth it . IMHO

As with all tyres and riding, confidence is the main thing, I used to use Trailwings on a Varadero, used them without issue at all, then someone said something negative about them and I just lost all confidence in them, had to change them before it was needed.

As with all tyres and riding, confidence is the main thing, I used to use Trailwings on a Varadero, used them without issue at all, then someone said something negative about them and I just lost all confidence in them, had to change them before it was needed.

Had deathwings on a Varadero and then on a Crosstourer, fuggin orrible tyres, ok in the dry but absolutely lethal in the wet :eek:

In both cases I swapped them for something else sharpish

2900 miles on mine and the rear is not squaring off and there is still 6mm of tread across the width. The front is still like new and this is on a GSA, mainly ridden around North and Mid Wales. Both of which have very abrasive road surfaces.

I've just put Conti Trail Attack 3s on, its still early days yet, only done about 350 miles on them. First impressions are that whilst they are an excelent tyre, with plenty of grip, not yet convinced that they are better than the Scorpion Trail 2s that I had on before. As I said, its still early days yet.

If the lean angle indicator on the NAV6 doesn't lie the CTA3 give the most confidence...50 degree L/A while my former fav's PST2 where mostly around 47 degree max on similar roads/rides...But here is where I'm not with Stick...I love the CRA3 just as much but he is right the CTA3 are slightly quicker steering but I would bet on a trackday the RA3 probably would have the edge over the TA3 due to compound that is made for a slightly higher temperature window...As for mileage the front of the TA3 outlast the RA3 but the rears wore the same if I remember right.Same with the ST2 rear tire.

Back
Top Bottom