Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Bob Minions in Derby have now become Royal Enfield dealers and have 23 new bikes on the shop floor.

Here's another review, better than most, of the Continental GT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p6qXM_N34TI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I thought I'd watched every review until now. That was very entertaining and we'll put together.

I'm sold on the bike, I just can't get my head round when I'm actually going to have time to ride it with everything else that goes on in my life.

I rode one a couple of weeks ago at A&D Motorcycles’s in Denbigh, and can honestly say they’ve got a winner.

I’ve got an old Bonnie, and I’m probably of an age to appreciate what they offer, but know there are many new inductees to the new genre of the ‘Retro Scene’, which offers bikes which move the soul, to stimulate social interaction, bikes to fettle and personalise, bond with, be a catalyst to promote riding groups and even marque clubs.

The only thing I’d do is fit a Conti GT comfort/tour saddle before I left the shop, and over the coming months years, fine tune.

I don’t mind paying for quality, but this is an absolute bargain; Himalayan, Continental, and Interceptor for the price of a Triumph Thruxton R..:nenau

I rode one a couple of weeks ago at A&D Motorcycles’s in Denbigh, and can honestly say they’ve got a winner.

I’ve got an old Bonnie, and I’m probably of an age to appreciate what they offer, but know there are many new inductees to the new genre of the ‘Retro Scene’, which offers bikes which move the soul, to stimulate social interaction, bikes to fettle and personalise, bond with, be a catalyst to promote riding groups and even marque clubs.

The only thing I’d do is fit a Conti GT comfort/tour saddle before I left the shop, and over the coming months years, fine tune.

I don’t mind paying for quality, but this is an absolute bargain; Himalayan, Continental, and Interceptor for the price of a Triumph Thruxton R..:nenau

I didn't buy from them but i use A&D for my Himalayan; Paul Beach the manager is a great guy and
has sorted me with a couple of minor warranty claims without any bother. Well recommended :thumb2

Hark the Enfield Angel sings.

Glory to those custom kings.

That Seattle road test is great journalism, I like his style.

The Zeus one... I love the look of the bike but had to abandon the commentary as I was not sure I'd live long enough for him to finish speaking...

Just been made a great offer on a new Baker Express RE 650 from my local dealer, test ride Friday.

Intrigued to know if you went ahead with the Baker Express purchase and if so what your thoughts are on the bike.
As soon as we are back to some form of normality I’m looking at purchasing one, either a Baker Express or the black version as a second bike.
I’ve watched countless YouTube vids and have not heard any negative comments regards build or ride quality etc. In fact the Missenden Flyer enjoyed his time with a test bike so much he went out and bought one.
I think it may rekindle memories from my early biking days in the 70’s when I bought my very first brand new bike was a Triumph T140V Bonneville costing £835.

In fairness to him, he is a complete and utter twat :)

Is there really a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Fan Boy Appreciation Society? :nenau I guess it must be true because I read it here on this very forum! :p

He's a trier is the Missendenflyer! It's his blooming intro' that especially grates: "Hey kids, Missendenflyer here, I hope you are well" :cool: :augie :rolleyes: Here's link to his "final thoughts" critique....well one of many actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCHTRthVT4

Here's a link to Mr Stuart Fillingham's very latest critique entitled:
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is a RUST BUCKET! FACT or FICTION? :nenau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAYC9WCb_jU

In all seriousness, a friend my friend has a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 (including a MV Agusta F3 and very many other bikes) and by all accounts, he absolutely loves it. :thumb2
IMHO, I really do think they look absolutely superb, especially for what they cost; time for me to book a test ride (naturally in due course when conditions are more favourable).

As well as being a twat he loves every bike he tests.

Actually I don't think he's a twat but he comes across like it, I think his earlier stuff was more genuine

Intrigued to know if you went ahead with the Baker Express purchase and if so what your thoughts are on the bike.

No I didn't go ahead, I was caught iin the headlights of another shiny and ended up buying a BMW Scrambler although I only kept it a matter of weeks before I sold it again.

I still like the look of the RE and if the right second hand one came round at the right price I may take a punt.

Watching the tank pinstriping being done is an utter joy. Great video

I enjoyed that :thumb

Now it's a toss up between an Interceptor and the new Honda Posty ...

... not a lot of difference eh ;)

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom