Beeline Moto navigation

I've been using this now for about 3 months and overall very pleased with it. The app works really well and is quick and easy to use. I love the simplicity of it and the arrow is very accurate and clear, which means you take your eyes off the road much less than a classic sat nav or phone based system, a very quick glance tells you what you need to know without processing a load of other information which, while it might be nice to have, imho is totally unnecessary when you arrive at a junction and only want to know left or right. Battery life is amazing, I only charge mine once every 2 or 3 weeks!
The only things which could be improved are the dots left and right, which indicate which way to turn at the upcoming junction, are very small and (without my reading glasses) are not clearly visible to me. This is not a big problem, as when you are arriving at the junction the arrow is already starting to rotate in the direction you need to take.
The other thing is the app does not offer the ability to route via a waypoint, so you need to enter one destination at a time.
What I really love is the compass mode which, when you set a destination, will keep pointing the arrow in the direction you need to be heading to reach it, giving you the freedom to choose which roads to take. If you have time and are just our for a ride but want to end up at a certain place this is brilliant, you can choose any road just because you like the look of it and eventually it will guide you to your destination.
I'd definitely recommend it and for the price I reckon it's great value........hope this helps

I've had one since they came out. I really like it, used on on a trip to Spain.

Adding to Belgian Beemer, this week they have added the ability to import gpx files for it to follow. It's not completely the finished article, but the app that works on the phone can be updated and the actual Beeline device uses that data.

Can also be used as a GPS speedometer if not using it for directions.

The compass mode mentioned above is great if you just want to bimble to a destination. Add the end point and go where you like. The arrow will keep pointing to the destination until you get there.

Oh yeah, I was.

It works exactly as all the advertising blurb says it should.
I've not got much to compare it to as the only other satnav I have is an old tomtom in my campervan, but I can say it's not distracting, is simple to use and doesn't look out of place on any of my not particularly modern looking bikes.
I have no idea about downloading gpx files and suchlike, and have only used it by typing a destination into the 'where to' bit on the app and pressing go, but so far so good. I imagine the folk who like to know every turn and junction of their trip weeks in advance won't be impressed, for a technophobe like myself that still relies on a map in the tankbag and doesn't plan too much, it's great.
There has been a couple of times it confused a sharp left/right bend with a left/right turn.
Haven't used it in a city, but then I very rarely go to a city.
I went the wrong way to see what it did, and within a quarter of a mile it had sorted out a new route.(This is in Lincolnshire where the 4g can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. You don't need mobile data once you've set a route, but it won't sort out a new route if you deviate)
You can download the beeline app before buying the unit, so you can have a look at how simple it is.

A cheap Ebay go-pro mount has enabled me to mount it a bit closer to my line of sight when riding. Bit of vibration at 40mph but other than that, all good.
Apart from not really needing it to ride to work and back, which is as far as its going at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_1345 (1).jpg
    IMG_1345 (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,049
It looks like it does (reasonably well) what is says on the tin. I definitely think its simpler style and mode if use would suit some riders / vehicles and, no doubt, bicyclists.

Buy and use with confidence, would seem to be the response.

One little reminder on this. I enjoy using it, and it is a great little device, however, this device is a purpose built interface to the app on your phone, and as we all know, GPS connection using your phone can use quite a bit of battery power.

I always have my phone on charge whilst using the device, so that I have some phone power when I've finished the journey.

Got the Beeline Moto today so I went for a spin to test it

Worked great and auto rerouted within seconds when I went the the wrong way deliberately

Plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to see one in action, I’m pleased with it as a simple, discrete option on a naked bike

Top tip: if you have your phone mounted on your bike you could just use the app for free ;)

Attachments

• 724A3D4D-406E-4AC0-B507-E50A03BB47E5.jpg
    724A3D4D-406E-4AC0-B507-E50A03BB47E5.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 943
Got the Beeline Moto today so I went for a spin to test it...

Have you done much with it?
I'm trying to get it to accept a gpx file that I exported from Kurviger, but it changes the route in beeline to use motorways and main roads where possible.
Made sure Beeline had avoidance for highways etc.
Waiting for a response from Beeline at the moment...

I've had one for a few days, not done much with it yet but do have to contradict Belgian Beemer re waypoints: You can specify a limited number of waypoints (22 IIRC) just by tapping and dragging the route in the app - dead simple. It's possible that this was not an option a year ago.

It's not obvious on the website... Does it speak to you via bluetooth on your helmet? Assume the bluetooth would be driven by your phone rather than the "gadget"?

I'm trying to get it to accept a gpx file that I exported from Kurviger...

Must have been a user error...
Beeline told me to import in compass mode:nenau Of course that was crap.

A few more attempts exporting and importing and it works.
I have no idea why.

Back
Top Bottom