beMoto Insurance

Well 4 full days since I contacted them and still no response , most renewals over the last twenty plus years the brokers have contacted me at least 3 weeks if not a full month before renewal date .

If no reply by tomorrow I am going to start shopping around for quotes from other firms , must admit that I am not that impressed if this is their business model for renewals

Well 4 full days since I contacted them and still no response , most renewals over the last twenty plus years the brokers have contacted me at least 3 weeks if not a full month before renewal date .

If no reply by tomorrow I am going to start shopping around for quotes from other firms , must admit that I am not that impressed if this is their business model for renewals

Well my experience is so different with them. I had my renewal pack from them in an e-mail exactly three weeks before it was due, I do not use auto renewal with any of my insurances as it ensures that I make the effort to shop around. Today, three days before it expires I have had another e-mail reminding me of the imminent expiry of my policy. I had shopped around and although not the absolute cheapest quote I can get, on balance with the benefits and lack of any mid term adjustment fee, I will stay with them. It was the same price as last year. I have found them to be as good as any other broker/company, but they all have their moments at times.

I know it is obvious, but have you checked your junk/spam folder?

Well my experience is so different with them. I had my renewal pack from them in an e-mail exactly three weeks before it was due, I do not use auto renewal with any of my insurances as it ensures that I make the effort to shop around. Today, three days before it expires I have had another e-mail reminding me of the imminent expiry of my policy. I had shopped around and although not the absolute cheapest quote I can get, on balance with the benefits and lack of any mid term adjustment fee, I will stay with them. It was the same price as last year. I have found them to be as good as any other broker/company, but they all have their moments at times.

I know it is obvious, but have you checked your junk/spam folder?

Yep checked those but as said even more pissed off that I contacted them 4 days ago re this issue and they haven't bothered getting back to me , they have my e mail , mobile and landline numbers so it is not difficult.

I got insurance with them this year.
The guys on the phone were very helpful and very nice. Yes, it was a slow process.
Seems like they have a very small team – hence the slowness/unresponsiveness sometimes.

Hopefully Bemoto will respond today to the problems some of you guys are experiencing.

Sorry for the delay

Hi

Dean from bemoto here, I apologise for the hiatus, I have been in various different roles, and with lockdown and working from home etc, I have not been active on this forum.

Firstly I would like to apologise for any delays in answering the phone, with the MCE saga, what was expected to be a quiet period to get us ready for the new season with new staff and training it has been as hectic as our busy months. To anyone who was promised a call back but did not receive then this is not acceptable and my managers will be dissapointed to hear this, sometimes things can go wrong.

Anybody who needs a quote ASAP please email me at dean@bemoto.uk, I will pass the details on to the correct manager to ensure you get a phone call back. The Titanium package is still £10 off, so will be £30 for UKGSER members as the price has gone up by £10 since my first post, but this is still incredible value.

Also as always we do not charge amendment fees. Regarding posts about us being uncompetitive, we are a broker and there will be risks that other companies are more competitive, all I can say is I am sorry we could not get you on cover but always try again next year, to the many positive posts and feedback, this is appreciated and we welcome you on board and hope you will be with us for many years.

As the new season begins I hope we can get as many of you on cover as possible.

Happy Riding
Dean

As with all insurance brokers/companies and has perhaps already been stated, the quality of service provided by any insurance company is only really put to the test once a claim is made and cannot be solely measured by the cheapness of there premiums.
While it’s appreciated when forum members post as to the competitive price of there renewal premium it would be of more use if we could hear as to the way a claim was dealt with.
This is even more apparent when dealing with a broker as opposed to an insurance company as the broker is only acting as, for want of a better term, the selling agent and won’t in some cases be responsible when a claim is made.
So just be aware and when asking or looking for recommendations, it’s not always the cheapness of the premium that makes for a quality insurance package, so perhaps it’s best to ask “how was your claim dealt with” instead of “how cheap was the premium”.
I say this from having experienced both good and bad - no terrible, when it comes to motorcycle insurance.

….perhaps it’s best to ask “how was your claim dealt with” instead of “how cheap was the premium”.
I say this from having experienced both good and bad - no terrible, when it comes to motorcycle insurance.

Practice what you preach.

Let’s ask: How were your claims (good, bad and terrible) dealt with? Tell us about your experiences, please.

Well quote arrived today £180 more than last year !

Suppose I only have 43 years continuous ncd ,will be ringing around today for more sensible quotes

Suppose I only have 43 years continuous ncd ,will be ringing around today for more sensible quotes
Have you spoke to them and asked why?
What % increase is that on last years?
My renewal with BeMoto was in December and it only increased by 2.5% compared to my 2020 premium.

Have you spoke to them and asked why?
What % increase is that on last years?
My renewal with BeMoto was in December and it only increased by 2.5% compared to my 2020 premium.

From £440 to over £620 so work out the % increase. yes the BMW is new but all the others have the same value as least year, will ring them up . That said even CN are quoting almost £900 for the same or similar bikes that they quoted £440 last year

From £440 to over £620 so work out the % increase. yes the BMW is new but all the others have the same value as least year, will ring them up . That said even CN are quoting almost £900 for the same or similar bikes that they quoted £440 last year
Just over 40% increase :eek:

Hi

Please call us and speak to the renewals team, they can look in to why the price has increased, mention you are a apart of this forum, and to speak to me if they have any queries, I cannot make any promises but we can take a 2nd look and do our best for you.

Thanks
Dean

Got 3 bikes on my BeMoto policy, rang to change a 2018 1200GS to a 2020 1250GS, appreciate there is a £5k difference in value, but they wanted £131.73 for the change (policy expires in 7 months) which I thought was a bit rich, so took out a fresh policy with Bikesure for £195.32, maybe a strange logic/decision for some, but works for me!

I had a 3 bike multi bike with Bempton, 2 yes ago renewal price seemed high, I decided to look into insuring each bike separately, a 20131200gsa, 2008 x challenge and a 2001 drz400, obviously could only use full no claims on 1 bike and have no no claims on other2.
Saved 200 quid, renewed this year, again tried Bempton and Carol Nash for multi bike but have stayed insuring separately as still saving around 200 pound.

Practice what you preach.

Let’s ask: How were your claims (good, bad and terrible) dealt with? Tell us about your experiences, please.

I have experience of both the good - a right off claim with Royal & Sun Alliance who were totally efficient, professional and extremely prompt with the settlement - and bad, no, I’ll rephrase that, bloody terrible - with Hasting who were the polar opposite, totally inefficient verging on inept, ridiculously unprofessional, claiming for example that Italy were not part of the E.U. so I was therefore not covered when there policy booklet clearly listed Italy as a country covered by the policy and finally far from prompt.
So my advice would be avoid Hastings.
But my initial point still stands, an insurance company can only be truly judged by the way it handles a customers claim.

It is a sensible quote, but cheap buy twice

I assume most of you are sensible. The facts are, they are brokers, different brokers get different deals from the underwriters. The brokers are making their cut, they are not helping with a claim, you are dealing with the underwriters. So really shop around, as long as you are getting the cover you want and its not with a noddy underwriter, why pay more? I posted on another thread, did the compare the market thing, had 6 quotes all with the same underwriter, ranging from £100 difference for the same product. Don't pay extra for crap you don't need. Broker loyalty is a mugs game.

My renewal arrived this morning

Not Bemoto i must add

£150 up to £200 that includes the old £20 arrangement fee... grrr

Might do some ringing around ..

Why cant insurance company's deal direct with the public?? Why do they have to use or only operate behind brokers ??

My renewal arrived this morning

Not Bemoto i must add

£150 up to £200 that includes the old £20 arrangement fee... grrr

Might do some ringing around ..

Why cant insurance company's deal direct with the public?? Why do they have to use or only operate behind brokers ??

Man power. Costs less to give brokers a little bit of commission and they do all the work and qualification of a quote, whilst they spin a price based off algorithms

Back
Top Bottom