beMoto Insurance

Been trying to get hold of them since yesterday afternoon. Been on hold, listening to the same maddening announcements again and again, left a message, requested a callback, all to no avail. Given that I sold a bike and need to cancel the insurance, I’m not best pleased.

I’ve been with Bemoto for about 3 years and always found them really easy to deal with.
When I bought my GS I called to swap my policy from my Crosstourer to the GS ( it’s on a multi bike policy, have an XJR and a Himalayan) .
I was told that my then insurance company would not cover the BMW due to the value. The upshot was I had to cancel the entire policy and start again with another company which was a bit of a surprise. As it’d taken a few days to get to this point waiting for them to speak to underwriters, call back etc and I needed cover the following day to pick up my bike I had to take it.
My current policy expires in 7 days and I’ve still not had a renewal figure.

Spoken to them twice and been told I’ll get it in the next couple of days, then nothing, first contact was 10 days ago. Been told it’s because of the additional work load with MCE which I do get but I think not getting your renewal though this late is disappointing.

I’ve been with Bemoto for about 3 years and always found them really easy to deal with.
When I bought my GS I called to swap my policy from my Crosstourer to the GS ( it’s on a multi bike policy, have an XJR and a Himalayan) .
I was told that my then insurance company would not cover the BMW due to the value. The upshot was I had to cancel the entire policy and start again with another company which was a bit of a surprise. As it’d taken a few days to get to this point waiting for them to speak to underwriters, call back etc and I needed cover the following day to pick up my bike I had to take it.
My current policy expires in 7 days and I’ve still not had a renewal figure.

Spoken to them twice and been told I’ll get it in the next couple of days, then nothing, first contact was 10 days ago. Been told it’s because of the additional work load with MCE which I do get but I think not getting your renewal though this late is disappointing.

Hi

If you still have not received your invite, Can you email me your policy number dean@bemoto.uk. I will get this done today if you can provide it.

Thanks
Dean

Only £90 a year dearer then several other quotes but then I’m renewing so why would I get cheaper for loyalty?

Only £90 a year dearer then several other quotes but then I’m renewing so why would I get cheaper for loyalty?

Get insurance based on price and you will suffer if you have to make a claim

Hi

If you still have not received your invite, Can you email me your policy number dean@bemoto.uk. I will get this done today if you can provide it.

Thanks
Dean

Thanks for the offer Dean but i got the renewal today.

Get insurance based on price and you will suffer if you have to make a claim

I can see the theory behind that but my thoughts are at what price point does a bad insurance quote become a good insurance quote?

Is an insurance company that gives you a price of £500 going to be better in sorting out a claim than one that would charge you £300? Everybody’s experiences differ and unfortunately you won’t know till you have to claim. I’m sure there are even many MCE customers that have had a positive relationship with them.

Insurance is one of those things that if you ask 20 different bikers you’ll get 20 different experiences.

Personally I go cheap but I look at other things which will benefit me. Breakdown cover, legal cover, cost to change bikes etc but I normally never pay more than a hundred quid dearer than the cheapest comparison offer.

I can see the theory behind that but my thoughts are at what price point does a bad insurance quote become a good insurance quote?

It doesnt a price on its own, it irrelevant.

Dean
Please check your Bemoto email address please, I’ve updated mods on one of my bikes.

Nothing actioned from the mail I sent to the helpme address.

Cheers
Rich

ANY CHANCE YOU GUYS CAN PICK UP THE PHONE ---- PREFERABLY BEFORE AUGUST?

I really wish that BEMOTO would sort out their act regarding sending out renewal qoutes, every other insurance broker I have ever been with whether it be for motorbikes, home,car or even travel insurance never fail to sent out renewal notices at least 3 if not 4 weeks before the policies expiry date .

This is acceptable and gives you a chance to get other quotes if you are not happy with the price or level of cover , I am sorry but anything less than 14 days is not acceptable

I really wish that BEMOTO would sort out their act regarding sending out renewal qoutes, every other insurance broker I have ever been with whether it be for motorbikes, home,car or even travel insurance never fail to sent out renewal notices at least 3 if not 4 weeks before the policies expiry date .

This is acceptable and gives you a chance to get other quotes if you are not happy with the price or level of cover , I am sorry but anything less than 14 days is not acceptable

That maybe because there’s an optimum time to get quotes before renewal, I think Martyn Lewis highlighted it as 21 or 23 days!

Go elsewhere, plenty others would love your business. This is probably down to not having enough staff, it is a hard world out there now.

It's a free market, vote with your feet

Back
Top Bottom