beMoto Insurance

I just renewed with bemoto and received 20 quid off titanium package.
Insured 2 bikes on multi policy, 2016 r1200gs and yyamaha fz1s. £218.

That is cheaper than mine done in April (2 bikes & TiT package) at £255 with discount. Living in rural Cheshire, garaged, alarmed and newest bike 2010.
Was that your first offer or haggled down?

Patria o Muerte

That is cheaper than mine done in April (2 bikes & TiT package) at £255 with discount. Living in rural Cheshire, garaged, alarmed and newest bike 2010.
Was that your first offer or haggled down?

Patria o Muerte

It was the 1st offer. However i did not tell them of the UKGSER discount until the end which reduced by £20.

Mention Dean Mawby’s name from BeMoto who started this thread, who quoted £20 off for members.
See #1

Patria o Muerte

Dean is no longer in the sales. I emailed him and got this reply:
Hi

I am no longer in the new business team, if you can call us and mention you are from UKGSER, they can give you £10 off the titanium, unfortunately when that post was made the package was worth £30, now it is worth £40 so we would still knock £10 off for you.

Thanks
Dean
--
Regards,
Dean

BeMoto Insurance

helpme@bemoto.uk
01733 907000*

Dean never offered £20 off if you look at the first post, he offered the Titanium package for £20 which was £10 off the then RRP of £30

RRP has risen to £40 so now costs £30 to UKGSers.

Insurance,
Same stuff to all the 3 mentioned.2 bikes..
Nearly all the add ons/included
C-nash..£317...
Bmoto..£307..
Benefits.. £176..
Rang C-nash again £232..this time.
Bmoto..I gave up..

Requested a quote from Bemoto and they called me back the next day.

Had to refer to underwriter, said they would call me back.

That was 10 days ago....not a dicky bird since then.:blast

Requested a quote from Bemoto and they called me back the next day.

Had to refer to underwriter, said they would call me back.

That was 10 days ago....not a dicky bird since then.:blast
Just had same story after about 4 times to get through without missing return call or call getting dropped twice... Also the messages at the start are 4-5 mins of upselling... I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the reviews like this thread making me persevere... Usually one or two call issues and I lose patience...
Had to remind rep that the call was about multibike... The whole industry seems a little chaotic at the mo and prices are definitely on the up even if you are persil clean...

Wow Im surprised

I chose option 1 to be called back.

20 mins later I get called, 5 mins later Ive swapped 9Ts over on cover, no charge.

Fantastic

The good news is I had a call back later today and after a fair bit of refreshing of info etc had a good offer which I have gone with... The part that sets BeMoto apart is the Titanium cover which is what I wanted the quote for and it seemed a good all-round deal. I'm glad I persevered and struck a deal as they seem decent folk with a biking interest and an idea of what you want.

Just insured with them for another year. G650 Xcountry fifteen quid cheaper than last year, but also insured the MZ 250/1 Supafive for this year.

£95.00 for the MZ, fully comprehensive and RAC full Platinum recovery UK and Europe.

Seems OK to me, and a pleasure to be dealing with real people :thumb

:beerjug:

Just insured with them for another year. G650 Xcountry fifteen quid cheaper than last year, but also insured the MZ 250/1 Supafive for this year.

£95.00 for the MZ, fully comprehensive and RAC full Platinum recovery UK and Europe.

Seems OK to me, and a pleasure to be dealing with real people :thumb

:beerjug:

Special rates for Yorkshire postcodes, Micky! :D

Recently re-insured with Bemoto and cheaper than last year but got it cheaper still as i ditched the recovery option due to having it elsewhere.
Two bikes, a GS and a Himalayan for £200 or so. 5th. year with them :thumb2

Poor experience with BeMoTo today

I did an online quote with bemoto yesterday and the carbon package was in the ballpark compared with my existing insurer (hastings). Later in the day I got a call from a rep who clearly implied that I could get a better price if I accepted a call-back and talked it through . So I arranged a call-back for 09:30 this morning. Nobody called between 09:30 and 10:00, so I called them. I spent the next 40 minutes going over every line of what I had entered online confirming each item. Part of that was an 8 minute wait while the rep got a price (compared to <2 minutes online). The price was exactly the same as the online quote, to the penny. I asked them to put the helmet and leathers cover on at the same price to sweeten the deal. Rep said couldn't do that but I could have the helmet and leather cover for an extra £30, yet online I could get it for £20. The rep seemed to be unable to understand why I was thoroughly unimpressed and when I asked him to explain why I should choose his company over others, had no answer whatsoever.

Basically a totally inefficient bunch who wasted a lot of my time and made no real effort to get my business.

About 90 minutes later the original rep finally called me back and had no answer as to why she had lied to me.

With that kind of customer service I would have zero confidence in them should I ever have the misfortune to call on the insurance. How they end up with a five-star rating is beyond me.

I've done my last insurance through them, two things. One this internet / in person quote. It is stupid for the sake of a tenner here or there, for both parties to quibble about aspects of the plociy. The other was I got a great cheap quote from them, but it was a bike has to be in the garage if stolen near home type policy so so went with one that would cover me if parked on the road breifly and stolen type policy, Slightly dearer, but not too much.

I HAD A accident 01-08-2020 pal rode into rear of me resulting in my first ever bike insurance claim after 50 years of riding.Claim still on going and I always say this "YOUR ONLY INSURED UNTIL YOU MAKE A CLAIM!"

I HAD A accident 01-08-2020 pal rode into rear of me resulting in my first ever bike insurance claim after 50 years of riding.Claim still on going and I always say this "YOUR ONLY INSURED UNTIL YOU MAKE A CLAIM!"

Precisely Derek

Good luck with your claim Derek and I hope your leg injury is improved

Back
Top Bottom