USA Bike Hire

Tazz

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking to do a one way trip San Francisco to Denver this coming summer. I've got a quote from Eagle Rider bike hire but they're pretty pricey - does anyone have any ideas for an alternative one-way hire company? Thanks in advance.

I found eagle rider were not the cheapest also....however they gave a boil service when one of the HDs broke down on our trip. I think you may find the big difference in the price will be due to you only doing a one way trip. Most companies will have a hefty surcharge for that

Drop a line to Wolfgang at www.dubbelju.com They're a great company. I've rented from them a couple of times and I have a friend who works for them occasionally.

If you don't get anywhere, I could ask her as I know that she's collects one way rentals with her pickup truck and trailer and takes them back to SF.

I hired from Wolfgang last year. A great bunch of people and you get the fun of riding a strange bike through downtown San Fran to get to the bridge. Wot larks!
Recommended.

Are you set on the SF to Denver ? if not, take a look at Eagle one way returns. Often some good deals on returning bikes from previous one way rentals.

I hired from Wolfgang last year. A great bunch of people and you get the fun of riding a strange bike through downtown San Fran to get to the bridge. Wot larks!
Recommended.

+1 for Dubbelju but as they are a small outfit I doubt they will do a one way. Totally agree about the part of driving though downtown SF to get to the Bridge. Make sure you have you nav set up right!
My guess is the Eagle are the only ones that do a one way. We rode north Cal in 2018 renting from Dubbelju and this year 2019 we did Colarado and Utah. Rented from Colorado Motorcycle Adventures.

Are you set on the SF to Denver ? if not, take a look at Eagle one way returns. Often some good deals on returning bikes from previous one way rentals.

+1 good advice. The OP is probably taking the hire bike in the wrong direction.

Our trip was early September, with Eagle Rider. The previous hiree had ridden the Streetglide up from Florida to Chicago - ER wanted to get inventory out of the snow States, so waived the one-way fee for our agreed drop-off in LA. The bike was almost brand new, never missed a beat in 3000 miles. Worth every penny TBH.

As ever with hire bikes (& cars), do take plenty of pics at pick-up & drop-off. I like to make a thing of it in front of the operatives; deliver back a clean bike & be seen snapping the pics too.

Back
Top Bottom