Africa eco race

Really enjoyed Rog’s account -thanks for posting.
As previous posters have said these guys have BIG BALLS!

Good effort by Lyndon too!

glad he made it this far , a little bit of tough event to say the least . nice to see the spirit of helping other rider is still going on . Roger once told me he nearly smiled but managed to control his emotion at the last minute and just grinned , will he be back at it next year ?

3rd, I heard he had been placed 4th, then complained about the rider in 3rd, stating he was on the wrong tyres:confused: then Poskitt was given 3rd. Oh well:thumb

Just reading this hoo ha spat on facebook

Not sure what to make of it myself but if the bod was using some tyres that were not allowed then he takes the consequence although what advantage he gained i dont know

The same bod won a stage as his road book was different to everyone elses

All the top riders got lost as they had all been instructed to amend their roadbooks at the riders briefing and the amendments were incorrect it seems

Thye bloke that won the stage ( the same one who was demoted) had not attended the compulsory riders briefing and had not ammanded his road book as instructed ??

Well Done

Agreed Mick, anyone who makes it to the finish has done brilliantly and I congratulate them all. Roger is home and nursing his aches and pains, fortunately nothing broken, but there are others who had more serious accidents with one guy still in hospital in an induced coma.
Roger really enjoyed the rally not least because it’s run in a professional and friendly way. The organisers are just as interested in the amateurs having a go at a once in a lifetime rally as they are in the fast guys up front.

Agreed Mick, anyone who makes it to the finish has done brilliantly and I congratulate them all. Roger is home and nursing his aches and pains, fortunately nothing broken, but there are others who had more serious accidents with one guy still in hospital in an induced coma.
Roger really enjoyed the rally not least because it’s run in a professional and friendly way. The organisers are just as interested in the amateurs having a go at a once in a lifetime rally as they are in the fast guys up front.

Indeed And i have thouroughly enjoyed following the race for this reason
Glad Roger has nothing broken and will recover hopefully to have another go at it

I would love to say that i would love to have a go myself but i know full well i dont have either the skill or stamina for it

Just a shame that it was marred at the ned with an Italian cheating and a Brit complaining about the Italian cheating

I totally agree that the event was focused on "taking Part" as much as winning.
The Saudi Dakar is a stunning event for sure but seems to cater for the wealthy sponsored competitors and has lost its True adventure challenge for me.
Shame about the whinging but it may effect has chances of more sponsorship next year. I cant see what difference a Tyre could make to most folks entree.
If yer have rules someone always seems to be on the wrong side. Chappie may just have got "some cheap".
Role on next year and as Rick says we aint got it "Now" = maybe I aint ever had it, but I would love to see the scenic/easy bits.
Shite weather here makes it even more stunning.
I hope all the unfortunate competitors heal quick and have a lotto win to cover their costs a bit

Back
Top Bottom