Africa eco race

paintman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hope they do well, good luck to them.:thumb2

Is there any TV coverage this year? It used to be on daily in past years on Motors channel, but can’t find it on anywhere this year despite looking through the listings of all the channels.

I’ve found the Dakar on Eurosport, can’t wait.

Lyndon Poskitt is entering a team of 5 in the Eco Race and is planning on daily updates on YouTube but that's only going to show the teams progress but there's a chance of catching a glimpse of your mate I guess.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Gary ain’t gonna be happy if he gets dust in his hair.

Good luck to both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Africa Race goes from Monaco to Dakar.

The Dakar Rally starts in Saudi next Sunday.
Ah...yes. The Dakar that used to go to Dakar. Then was in S. America and is now in Saudi.

We are talking about the Africa Eco Race which goes from Monaco to Morocco to Dakar.
Some (rightly IMHO) still call it ‘The Dakar’.

Ah...yes. The Dakar that used to go to Dakar. Then was in S. America and is now in Saudi.

We are talking about the Africa Eco Race which goes from Monaco to Morocco to Dakar.
Some (rightly IMHO) still call it ‘The Dakar’.

Yes I was being facetious!!
I’m with you in that the original Dakar Rally has lost its purpose and this other race should be more back to the core values . I’ve being following Lyndon P for a while

Is there any TV coverage this year? It used to be on daily in past years on Motors channel, but can’t find it on anywhere this year despite looking through the listings of all the channels.

I’ve found the Dakar on Eurosport, can’t wait.
There might be some highlights on Eurosport at 10 pm each evening, the organisers want a £1000 for access to their satellite uplinks so social media postings will be quite a rarity. The organisers website is probably the best source of information, If I’m told about any other links I will chuck them up here.

Good luck to them both :clap

John....are Roger & Gaz riding together, or just happened to have entered the same rally?

Dakar highlights are on Eurosport 2 I recall; as for the Africa Eco race highlights....we could be waiting some time :blast

D37AC3E7-4A71-43C5-A9C3-3A45556AF8B7.jpg
Good luck to them both :clap

John....are Roger & Gaz riding together, or just happened to have entered the same rally?

Dakar highlights are on Eurosport 2 I recall; as for the Africa Eco race highlights....we could be waiting some time :blast

Happy New Year Bounce.

They both have Patsy look after them, and they have both been on rallies together before, although part of the same team I don’t know if they will ride together. I guess it depends on their respective results, if their times are similar it would make sense. Rog has taken his 701 rather than a lighter 450 KTM, he is definitely in it for the experience rather than pot hunting.

View attachment 433975

Happy New Year Bounce.

They both have Patsy look after them, and they have both been on rallies together before, although part of the same team I don’t know if they will ride together. I guess it depends on their respective results, if their times are similar it would make sense. Rog has taken his 701 rather than a lighter 450 KTM, he is definitely in it for the experience rather than pot hunting.

With Patsy & Co in their corner they’ll be well supported.

HNY to you too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good luck lads , it would be nice to see Roger smile for the camera . walking off with a trophy......

A good start from Lyndon P

7e383a68965f2fb27e973b0c4cde8779.png

Daily video updates/footage of the race should be on his YouTube channel shortly,though a slight issued today so might not appear till tomorrow.

Episode 3 is quite good,showing a bit of bike prep etc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2fujnwstqko" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom