RANDOM SCREEN CHANGES - It's a Garmin problem, specific to the Nav VI device

+1 top the ‘ghost screen’ saga. I’ve had it very occasionally in the last 18months since the first unit (bought very close to launch date nearly 3yrs ago) was replaced by the dealer. Started process with Garmin, as its >24m old they have offered similar replacement cost £145 from memory.

I’m in ‘discussions’ with them currently regarding Consumer Rights Act 2015.....I’ll let you know how I get on...

Consumer Rights Act 2015 is only for seller - not manufacturer :(
Trying Dealer route now....

Advice re Nav VI please

Hi

Could anyone assist with the Nav VI changing map views of its own accord please.

The unit has worked okay since it was purchased in May 2019, but now changes to the map view in the attached photo from the usual home screen. All without any prompting.

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 686
Probably the touch screen is activated somehow, it sometimes happens infrequently on my Nav 6, I give the screen a good clean and that usually sorts it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above

I had this and it’s usually residue from the last presses activating the screen.

A clean will almost certainly sort it.

I tried swearing at mine but the cloth worked better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on my third Nav VI (since June 2019). Both previous units showed the same symptoms...

Apparently (according to my dealer) I’m just unlucky.

I’m on my third Nav VI (since June 2019). Both previous units showed the same symptoms...

Apparently (according to my dealer) I’m just unlucky.

I've been told by BMW that its a known issue.....get it replaced...

I,m trying to gather some stats ref Garmin warranty on nav 6 .First how many people have had their sat nav replaced .Second how many people have had their nav changed after the warranty has run out . And last has anyone had their sat nav changed after warranty at either Bowker Motorrad or Chester Motorrad .I would really appreciate any info

Are you launching a class action or preparing a solo assault on the front doors of the dealerships in question?

I’m just gathering information for a third party who maybe running a story about this in a national paper

ineresting chat with citizen advice today your device is actually covered by the uk legislation you have legal rights to 6 years warranty on anything bought in the uk this is part of you 2015 consumer rights .If you have had a replacement device and its gone faulty again but they say its out of warranty you can claim for repair or replacement or a part refund and reject the device also you can claim under section 75 from your credit card to get a full refund .All so if you go through citizen advice they pass on all detail to trading standards and may peruse the offending dealer .So the more people complain the bigger chance of getting this sorted . It just bugs me that £800 piece of equipment only lasts at best 14 months and then fails with the same problem and also only covering 6000 mile its not good enough dealers are taking the piss out bikers with the price they charge for bikes ect and still getting piss poor products and service

also you can claim under section 75 from your credit card to get a full refund .

Only if you purchased, or put part of the purchase cost on a credit card. and the purchase was transacted with the credit card company & not via a third

party. If you paid with a debit card section 75 does not apply.

so I have now been offered a new sat nav (number 3) as a good will gesture . MCN did a little article on the sat nav issues nothing as deep as I wanted them to go but will investigate further and see what the can find out

Back
Top Bottom