Morocco. Please help. New User.

butlers quest

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum but have friends who are members.

I'm a Gs Rider, but one of my friends through this forum

is taking in the delights of Morrocco. semi off-roading.

by transporting their bikes to Malaga (van) and then flying direct

Does anybody know of anyone who is doing a similar trip

or know of any way of getting a bike transferred to Malaga.

thanks a million

Butlers quest

What time of year are you going?

Rule out June, July and August unless you want to die of heat stroke.

Late May would also be pushing it as will be early September.

In my opinion, late April or early May is the best time to visit Morocco on a Bike. The Spring is lovely but in Autumn it will look burnt, and Winter will have snow over the Atlas crossings.

Getting the bikes transferred to southern Spain is a good idea if you are short of time, otherwise plan on 16 days in total to use a ferry from the UK to Spain. Plan on 10 days in Morocco if you want to do the usual tour, which is well documented on here.

What is it you want to know?

A. The name of a company to move (how many?) bikes from A (where?) to B (south of Spain / Malaga) and (presumably) back again?

B. If anyone has ever done it? When the ‘it’ bit is very unclear as what ‘it’ might be

PS Did you draw the short straw amongst your friends on UKGSer to ask the questions?

I replied earlier but it’s got lost. ??

Anyway

Point bike towards Spain.

Ride until you’re just about to get wet

Get on ferry.

Keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you may as well hire the bikes over there it will be cheaper as it seems your short of time or dont like riding the gs. it adventure so ride it

Alteri Snoopy?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iaYnxBvHCJU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Time this got another outing...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2pXG-oTjmqs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T E Lawrence - eat your heart out!

Excellent.
I'd have taken the bridge and be relaxing with a cold one while the adventure was still going on (and before a passing shepherd stole the camera)

I remember that! He was hilarious. Was there ever a postscript to the stream crossing?

didn't he build a diesel generator powered bike that did 800 miles to a pint or some mad arse shit and fuck off to australia....?

didn't he build a diesel generator powered bike that did 800 miles to a pint or some mad arse shit and fuck off to australia....?

I think he abandoned the chicken-shit welded, cement-mixer engined RTW bike project in favour of a Honda step-thru moped. He got the moped to the middle east before he terminally drowned it in a, hem, river crossing.

He then moved onto pedal power and was wild camping in India when he awoke one morning with some Asian shit-herder's gums clamped firmly around his old man.

He got to Australia and worked in IT.

He now appears to live in Accrington and is married with family.

He still owes me for some electrical bits he never paid for. He was desperate for them, so I did him a favour, packaged and sent them.

He still owes me for some electrical bits he never paid for. He was desperate for them, so I did him a favour, packaged and sent them.

You probably got an honourable mention in his book*.

Check the reviews:

"This is a travelogue, I've read a fair amount of motorcycling ones, Andrews journey starts on a motorbike and ends up on a cycle..."

"Had great trouble even getting to the end of this book. In my opinion this is the worst travel book I have read and I have read plenty. I found the author to be rude mouthed and intolerant of other cultures. This is everything that a travel book should not be. Don't waste your money."

*Ranked 6,662,432 in Best Sellers list

Back
Top Bottom