BMW Event Garmisch 2020

UturnTony

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking i may pay a visit to the above this year. Anyone got any pearls of wisdom to offer about it?
Where do you camp that's handy for the goings on, that sort of thing.

Cheers :thumb2

Been twice Tony a couple o year ago
Camping was about 7 quid for the event which is fabulously run regarding toilets and showers.
You cant or couldnt parkup aside yer tent. All bikes went into a bike pen. Lidl was just at the entrance so beer etc. can be purchased cheap.
Wonderful event and best I have ever been to for VFM.
It can rain/snow in Garmish PK when I have been it was scorching hot = too hot infact
Good luck and travel the alpinestrsse (L200 I recall)to get there from near to Konstance = Eagles nest has always been clouded over but is quite near.
I traveled in from Landeck as well staying at Klaus's Enzian or the Motzart aside it with indoor swimming pool

Been twice Tony a couple o year ago
Camping was about 7 quid for the event which is fabulously run regarding toilets and showers.
You cant or couldnt parkup aside yer tent. All bikes went into a bike pen. Lidl was just at the entrance so beer etc. can be purchased cheap.
Wonderful event and best I have ever been to for VFM.
It can rain/snow in Garmish PK when I have been it was scorching hot = too hot infact
Good luck and travel the alpinestrsse (L200 I recall)to get there from near to Konstance = Eagles nest has always been clouded over but is quite near.
I traveled in from Landeck as well staying at Klaus's Enzian or the Motzart aside it with indoor swimming pool

That's the kind of stuff i'm after Mick :thumb2

Top man, Ta :thumb2

Or there is a nice camp site just up the road past the American military base,( more relaxed than the official site) shops across the road food, drink, motor parts store
Camp site is maybe one, one half mile from the event easy walking distance

Great event. Camping on site opens from the Thursday evening, but the welfare facilities don’t open until the Friday. Night entertainment is excellent, especially on the Saturday.

Great event. Camping on site opens from the Thursday evening, but the welfare facilities don’t open until the Friday. Night entertainment is excellent, especially on the Saturday.

Ta :thumb2

I gather, by Welfare facilities you mean toilets and showers.

Ta :thumb2

I gather, by Welfare facilities you mean toilets and showers.

Yes mate, I got caught out the first year I went. Better to get there Friday morning at the earliest. But you may struggle with a spot if you pitch up late on the Saturday, as it is generally heaving by then.
The main town is literally a 10 min walk, so handy for breakfast in one of the many cafes.

It is in a beautiful part of the country, with an amazing array of Alpine passes on the doorstep. Getting there and returning, I have tended to use the Black Forrest route. It is also a beautiful region to transit through by bike and make a stopover. Just avoid lake Konstantse.

If you mean that to be going from the BF by Lindau towards Garmisch then I agree 100%, possibly the worst road to travel on if busy, never again.

Yep, took me hours of filtering to cover just a few miles :blast

tony,eric and me went this year.got an air bnb just over the border in Austria.give me a bell if I can help.

Cheers Jim, will do :thumb2

Yes mate, I got caught out the first year I went. Better to get there Friday morning at the earliest. But you may struggle with a spot if you pitch up late on the Saturday, as it is generally heaving by then.
The main town is literally a 10 min walk, so handy for breakfast in one of the many cafes.

It is in a beautiful part of the country, with an amazing array of Alpine passes on the doorstep. Getting there and returning, I have tended to use the Black Forrest route. It is also a beautiful region to transit through by bike and make a stopover. Just avoid lake Konstantse.

If you mean that to be going from the BF by Lindau towards Garmisch then I agree 100%, possibly the worst road to travel on if busy, never again.

Yep, took me hours of filtering to cover just a few miles :blast

Cheers guys. All going on the hard drive :thumb2

Fantastic event...

Make sure you go up the Zugspitze mountain on the new cable car....
Wonderful experience.

Plenty AirBnB.

Message me if you need the perfect AirBnB we use.
10min walk to the event.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Looking for a destination for the summer and have toyed with this for a while ...

Fantastic event...

Make sure you go up the Zugspitze mountain on the new cable car....
Wonderful experience.

Plenty AirBnB.

Message me if you need the perfect AirBnB we use.
10min walk to the event.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Sounds just the ticket :thumb2

Looking for a destination for the summer and have toyed with this for a while ...

Although i have a ticket for the Adventure Bike Weekend which is the weekend after Garmisch i will probably sell the ticket and attend the latter as it looks a brilliant event :thumb2

I did a write up a couple of years ago. Have a search. I wish I'd stayed in the area longer and spent less time in France coming home.

Do you have to book the onsite camping or just turn up?

I just turned up (early thursday afternoon) there were helpers to guide you to whatever yer needed.
Another chappy said summat totally agree with. More or less get over there as quick as yer can cos the area is stunning. On the way there I went along the L200 then 198 to one of my favourite passes L246 hantenjoch also checkout Samnuan sth of Landeck for cheap gas fags and smelly. Brilliant road up there too!!

I did a write up a couple of years ago. Have a search. I wish I'd stayed in the area longer and spent less time in France coming home.

Found it, will read it later. Cheers :thumb2

I just turned up (early thursday afternoon) there were helpers to guide you to whatever yer needed.
Another chappy said summat totally agree with. More or less get over there as quick as yer can cos the area is stunning. On the way there I went along the L200 then 198 to one of my favourite passes L246 hantenjoch also checkout Samnuan sth of Landeck for cheap gas fags and smelly. Brilliant road up there too!!

All noted Mick :thumb2

You won't like it Tony

2020 is dry Garmisch year. No Alcohol in the town or on site and they will be searching panniers at the gate.....

:hide:hide:hide:hide:hide

Back
Top Bottom