Spain 2020

Really?

http://www.dgt.es/es/prensa/notas-d...medidas-para-la-gestion-de-la-velocidad.shtml

You're probably not intelligent enough to speak two languages, unlike many Dago wankers who, in turn, will have a working knowledge of English, so I'll summarise it for you in a nutshell: 7 kms/h up to and including 100km/h and 7% thereafter. There is also a handy little box (it's called a table but I think you've learned enough for one day) half way down the page which even you should be able to understand.

Dago wanker D.O.T. official information instead of your very racist opinion.

Perhaps if you trimmed your eyebrows or serviced your speedo you might be able to read it.:D

:tosser
Well said that man

I suspect att was not truly serious..... but on the other hand......

Anyway, a good thread, which I could edit......

Tip: Instead of Riaño, stay in (preferably) Luarca or Navia (if you must) and head down the AS12/AS28 To Fonsagrada and Lugo. No finer road to be ridden. You can make Chaves in one day. Ask me how I know ;)

Thanks for suggestions, but I’m heading to Zamora for second night and then the Estrella National Park for the 3rd/4th nights, so Riano is enroute

Thanks for all of your ideas and recommendations. Looks like my mate has found Templars site mentioned.cdn.com/20200125
bb1293ec13d8a17a68597a0490fb3940.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A must see if you are going towards Soria is the set from the last scene of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, called Sad Hill. If you have Netflix then there is a documentary on the labour of love by enthusiasts to restore it: SAD HILL UNEARTHED. If you or any of your group are fond of what has to be the best western ever made, it's a really worthwhile pilgrimmage. It's on your way, south of Burgos just off the N234 in a small but beautiful town called Santo Domingo De Silos. It has a beautiful Abbey where they used to televise Gregorian Chants on the TV in Spain in the 70's. Ñ

When we went there they'd only just finished the reconstruction. I was expecting a rather drab and neglected village and set but BOY! was I wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPYoFenZl0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrEQPe7l6zU

We found it quite magical, free (no entrance fee) and we stayed here:

http://www.hoteltrescoronasdesilos.com/es/santodomingodesilos/index.asp

Slap bang in the middle of the town. The food is excellent, the hotel beautiful (you can park your bikes against the wall with permission, perfectly safe overnight), there is even night life in the form of late bars and a little night club should you feel in the mood to shake your stuff.

You can either ride the 2 miles or so to the set along a dirt track or you can walk it. The hill to get back up afterwards might have you wishing you'd ridden but if you have had a few long days in the sadlle, you might actually be grateful for the stretch.

Great thread with loads of information.
I’ve planned to visit the Picos in September with a mate and this will be his first visit abroad on two wheels.
We’re booked into the Infantado just outside Potes for 4 nights.
Apart from the usual “Picos Loop” Panes, Riano, Cangas de Onis, visiting the stag and bear on-route and then a trip to the cable car I’m struggling to come up with another circular route.
I’ve just mapped out a trip to the above Spaghetti Western village but feel that it may be a bit of a stretch in a day, especially bearing in mind my mates lack of experience riding abroad and the last thing I want to do is put him off repeating the experience.
I was therefore wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a days ride in a loop of about 250 miles that we could do. I thought about Burgos but apart from the cathedral doesn’t seem to be a lot else.

If you just want to ride, why not look on google maps and just look at twisty off the beaten track roads and add a few destinations together to make a bespoke route ?
Here's one that took a minute to sort using 'directions' on google maps....simply add each new destination on while looking at the map of twisty roads (or straight roads or whatever suits you best)
Potes
Lerones
Lamina
Espinilla
Aguilar de Campoo
Cervera de Pisuerga
Velilla del rio Carrion
Boca de Huergano
Potes
It shows 6 hours and 316km...just shy of 200 miles.

If you just want to ride, why not look on google maps and just look at twisty off the beaten track roads and add a few destinations together to make a bespoke route ?
Here's one that took a minute to sort using 'directions' on google maps....simply add each new destination on while looking at the map of twisty roads (or straight roads or whatever suits you best)
Potes
Lerones
Lamina
Espinilla
Aguilar de Campoo
Cervera de Pisuerga
Velilla del rio Carrion
Boca de Huergano
Potes
It shows 6 hours and 316km...just shy of 200 miles.

Cheers Davey. I’ll certainly give that a go. 👍

I recommend going to Fuente De & staying at this Parador making sure you have enough time to take the cable car ride to the top of the mountains behind, it is breathtaking

Attachments

• 3C3EE94B-EF53-4EC6-AE74-015954E460F9.jpg
    3C3EE94B-EF53-4EC6-AE74-015954E460F9.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 386
I suspect att was not truly serious..... but on the other hand......

Anyway, a good thread, which I could edit......

To be fair, Richard. If you were going to edit this thread, then the point at which to have edited it would have been Att's post which was the offensive one. I reallise that you need a thick skin to go on this website at times but all I have ever tried to be is helpful. Indeed, I try not to get involved in areas in which I have no expertise. On the Picos and environs I have a fair amount. Now, if he had said something like the Dago authorities, I might have had some sympathy. I have been called a dago (still am by mates) all my life, I don't really feel that offended by the term on it's own. But I don't know Att, so as far as I am concerned, he thinks we're all just that: wankers.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I got it off my chest. Not that you need my permission but feel free to edit the conflagration if you deem it necessary, of course.

Cheers

Great thread with loads of information.
I’ve planned to visit the Picos in September with a mate and this will be his first visit abroad on two wheels.
We’re booked into the Infantado just outside Potes for 4 nights.
Apart from the usual “Picos Loop” Panes, Riano, Cangas de Onis, visiting the stag and bear on-route and then a trip to the cable car I’m struggling to come up with another circular route.
I’ve just mapped out a trip to the above Spaghetti Western village but feel that it may be a bit of a stretch in a day, especially bearing in mind my mates lack of experience riding abroad and the last thing I want to do is put him off repeating the experience.
I was therefore wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a days ride in a loop of about 250 miles that we could do. I thought about Burgos but apart from the cathedral doesn’t seem to be a lot else.

Hi Dave,

I did put one which few people know about on:

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/523404-hotel-recomendations-potes/page2

It was originally on this thread but Wapping separated the thread. I will reproduce the relevant bit:

And possibly the most interesting (in that area, anyway) The N621 - N634 - N623 - N627 - Aguilar del Campo - Cervera de Pisuerga - Potes loop = 5:30 in the saddle avoiding dual carriageways.

You could get to Sad Hill from Potes and back in a day but, as you rightly surmise, it will be a very long day. When you get there you'll wish you decided to stay because it is a charming little village. Not really a loop for novices but the above one is doable and enjoyable and likely to have good weather. It does get fogged out sometimes, though.

Hi Dave,

I did put one which few people know about on:

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/523404-hotel-recomendations-potes/page2

It was originally on this thread but Wapping separated the thread. I will reproduce the relevant bit:

And possibly the most interesting (in that area, anyway) The N621 - N634 - N623 - N627 - Aguilar del Campo - Cervera de Pisuerga - Potes loop = 5:30 in the saddle avoiding dual carriageways.

You could get to Sad Hill from Potes and back in a day but, as you rightly surmise, it will be a very long day. When you get there you'll wish you decided to stay because it is a charming little village. Not really a loop for novices but the above one is doable and enjoyable and likely to have good weather. It does get fogged out sometimes, though.

Thanks for that enginerelight, really appreciate it. :thumb

Go East into an area most people ignore - https://goo.gl/maps/hTkeFuw54za5W2Kt9 gives you a 120km loop. Easy to extend this to make a longer day but do not over-estimate the progress you will make in hilly terrain with loads of great viewpoints.

I rode down the CA-281 on the way to Potes from the Santander ferry. The climb up to the reservoir is spectacular

7f1702aceccdb158950923b87ae7da32.jpg

4bd04dd97f738932cd2ab49f7b6764dd.jpg

6705e827ccc7b58839565cbd0084ea38.jpg

Oh the Canfranc station is pretty much closed now.

Still worth a look and there is a nice cafe opposite side of road.

You can have a sniff about but it’s fenced off. I managed to bimble in and have a look about.

Still worth seeing for sure I’d say, despite the fencing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom