Oil consumption F750GS 3000 miles

What year is your bike , I had a euro5 21 plate 850 same issues , BMW did a modification to it which solved the issue

QUOTE=mrklunk;5579592]Morning all, checked oil last night and it's just below the minimum (yes engine was hot) the bike has only done 3000 miles! Waiting on a callback from BMW to get it checked but surely that's not right/acceptable on a new bike? Thoughts/comment appreciated before I head up there.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue at 4500 miles on my 2019 750 GS, I noticed a low oil level topped up several times but found it lasting about 300 - 400 miles. Took this up with my local dealership and asked them to check it when they fitted some accessories which they did but did not find anything and quoted normal oil use is up to 1 litre per 1000 miles!!!! Roll forward a couple of weeks and top ups to the next service and end of warranty check they spot a leaky sump! Very glad they did finally spot it and that it was fixed under warranty a few days later, they had spoken to the BMW fat controller and it would seem they have had a few of these enough to create a service repair kit.

What was strange was that there was no pool of oil or blue smoke from under the bike.

This was driving me crazy, seems sorted now though 1500 miles later

Back
Top Bottom