New to me F800GSA

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a bit of head scratching bought this a couple of weeks ago from a main dealer , 2017 gsa with esa ,luggage, a good few extras and 10,000 miles .

Price to pay was less than part exing my 67 plate low miles r1200gsa against a new r1250gsa hp, will keep the 1200 for a couple of more years and share the miles between the two bikes .

Fitted the sat nav bracket and givi tank lock fitting kit and waiting for delivery of a pair of the new Dunlop Trailmax Meridian tyres for it as the current tkc80's are useless on damp slippery roads .

Done a couple of rides on the bike and well impressed so far

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 821
  • 007 nos 2.jpg
    007 nos 2.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 801
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 839
and another

Attachments

• 001 nos 2_edited-1.jpg
    001 nos 2_edited-1.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 802
Nice bike. I’m just learning what a nice bike an F800 is, not the grunt of the 1200 boxer but fun to rev out and still fairly quick. I’m looking for a set of TKC’s too to visit Sweet Lamb if you intend to move those on

Not the most characterful engines are they, but the baby GS does a great job & is incredibly economical, with all the early beta niggles well sorted by the time yours was delivered.

Have fun - I suspect you will find more excuses to use the new steed, rather than the old 1200.

I've had mine since May and done about 8k miles on it. Previously I'd done about 25k on my 1200. I've hardly missed the 1200,despite the 800 being a bit less powerful.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I now have the best of both worlds , the 1200 will be used two up in the UK and touring on the continent ( away twice this year to the Alps) leaving , the 800 for use in the UK .

As for the 800 being less powerful I had a r1150gs for 9 1/2 years and always found 85bhp more than enough

I picked an 18 plate 800GSA up about 6 months ago and very pleased with it. I rented one in Alaska in 2018 and just really gelled with it.

Great fun to ride, comfy and great on the fuel which is a bonus when using it for work.

I'll be treating it to a trip in the USA in the summer instead of the 1200.

Took the wheels off this morning and got new tyres fitted (dunlop trailmax meridian's), refitted the wheels this afternoon.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 625
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 669
Was going to keep hold of the tkc80's but the front was very badly cupped and the rear was over half worn and had started cracking at the base of the tread blocks so they were binned

Lovely.

Much nicer than a new 850.

It’s certainly nicer looking than the 850 adventure but I beg to differ with the regular 850. It’s a great bike and fixes the niggles I had with my 800’s - Light clutch, much less annoying vibes, 90’s clocks and slightly dull power delivery. That said of all the 800s I owned, the GSA was the best with a high tank range.

850 is okay but sounds like a bag of f*cking hammers in a tumble drier on the initial startup and four or five seconds afterwards

Out today to get the new tyres scrubbed in, did over 150 miles including riding in some very heavy rain and on slippy roads, the new Dunlop Trailmax Meridians were excellent , good grip in the wet and give a very nice feel to the steering .

Best of all this is the first BMW I have ever owned or ridden that has a seat that doesn't cripple me in less than 100 miles

Out today to get the new tyres scrubbed in, did over 150 miles including riding in some very heavy rain and on slippy roads, the new Dunlop Trailmax Meridians were excellent , good grip in the wet and give a very nice feel to the steering .

Best of all this is the first BMW I have ever owned or ridden that has a seat that doesn't cripple me in less than 100 miles

Same as that mate, I find mine very comfy and don't see myself having to spunk a few hundred quid on a Sargent!

I've got exactly the same bike in the same colour and I have to say this is the most comfortable bike to ride I've ever owned. Also, the fuel consumption is considerably better than the 1200GSA I used to own, an important factor if you go on a long trip knowing that there's a tank range in excess of 300 miles.

Back
Top Bottom