INNOVV K2 recording problem

geezer2005

Reaction score
Got an annoying problem. Had it fitted last week, and it was missing some recordings.

Today gone out, and its only recording when im stationery!

So when I pull over to check whats recorded, all there is, is the previous stop, and where i would be at the time, nothing in between.

I dont turn the ignition off, just pull over, check to see and nothing but stationery recordings.

Anyone come across this? "Fit and Forget" I wish!!

Got an annoying problem. Had it fitted last week, and it was missing some recordings.

Today gone out, and its only recording when im stationery!

So when I pull over to check whats recorded, all there is, is the previous stop, and where i would be at the time, nothing in between.

I dont turn the ignition off, just pull over, check to see and nothing but stationery recordings.

Anyone come across this? "Fit and Forget" I wish!!

Check your vid "block" settings. They can be changed via the app.

Just looking and can’t find anything that resembles vid block

What i mean and i should have explained myself a bit better. Look in settings on the app and find the section where you can set the length of video that is recorded. It can be up to 10 minute “blocks” of video. Maybe I’m wrong but worth a look and see what they are set to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're set to 3 mins. I tried different, but no difference :(

Ok well I’m not sure then, unless the park settings are over riding the vid. Try switching on your ignition and while waiting check that the dvr is coming on about 10 seconds after you switch on. It will not save the last video recorded if the power is cut off immediately the ignition is switched off. It needs 10 seconds for the dvr to save the last vid otherwise its lost. Are you using the Innovv power supply ? It comes with the delay already built in. So that shouldn’t be the problem.

Heres my settings if anything looks obvious?

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 303
Have u checked the mem card in a laptop? check u have latest firmware installed.

If nothing obvious give them a ring, really helpful.

Have u checked the mem card in a laptop? check u have latest firmware installed.

If nothing obvious give them a ring, really helpful.

Agree with that, and if your SD card is more than 32GB it needs to be formatted in FAT 32 otherwise it wont work. But looking at your info it would seem it must be correct as its showing as loaded.

Agree with that, and if your SD card is more than 32GB it needs to be formatted in FAT 32 otherwise it wont work. But looking at your info it would seem it must be correct as its showing as loaded.

Ive checked, everything is up to date.

One thing I have thought....Before I ride off, im checking to see if the cameras are on via the app, closing the app then checking again when pulling over. Im wondering if, when closing down the app im actually stopping the recording.

It just seems such a coincidence that every time I ride off its not recording.

Ive checked, everything is up to date.

One thing I have thought....Before I ride off, im checking to see if the cameras are on via the app, closing the app then checking again when pulling over. Im wondering if, when closing down the app im actually stopping the recording.

It just seems such a coincidence that every time I ride off its not recording.
Shouldnt think that would be the problem. However try leaving the app open but i doubt thats the problem. Call Innovv they are very helpfull. This is the latest firmware issued 31/12/19 https://innovv.co.uk/products/k2/innov-k2-technical-support/

How is the recorder wired up exactly?
Direct across the battery, and with the trigger wire to activate it, then start recording automatically?
Or are you running it from the app?

I had a faulty Integral micro sd card supplied with mine (128gb), which totally failed, but suspect it may have been missing recordings all along. Innovv replaced it no problem.

If its only recoreding when stationary Id suggest the vibration is cutting the power supply off hence no recording.

How is the recorder wired up exactly?
Direct across the battery, and with the trigger wire to activate it, then start recording automatically?
Or are you running it from the app?

It starts up with the ignition. It was fitted by BMW at the dealers so I believe all is as it should be!

I phoned them, but they advised me to contact Innovv!

It starts up with the ignition. It was fitted by BMW at the dealers so I believe all is as it should be!

Ok so lets get this correct, is it using Innovv’s power supply ? and if it is where is the trigger wire (yellow) taken from ?

Ok so lets get this correct, is it using Innovv’s power supply ? and if it is where is the trigger wire (yellow) taken from ?

To be honest, I don't know. I gave it to BMW to install, and left them to it. If I can, I'll take a photo when I get the bike out next.

I dont involved with mechanical or wiring, its destined to be a disaster if I do!!

BMW have now washed their hands of it...................

The reason I ask about the power up, is because it can either come direct from the battery via a fuse, and thus the DVR (recorder) is live all the time (residual current), or someone (you/prev owner) has fitted a seperate fuse control system, which feeds many units, such as DRL, charging leads, Innovv, etc.
If it is the latter, these electronic fuse units usually have timers within them, which delay start-up and other things, and usually are programmable too.
The Innovv unit needs to see a permanent 12v connected to it in order to write it's files properly. So if you're connected via one of these units, and there are timings involved, the Innovv may not get its 12v correctly, thus messing up the writing of the video files.
I found this out the hard way, took me a week to find out the fuse unit was closing down just a few seconds too early, thus messing up the writing of the files. I extended the switch off time (on the fuse unit) from the standard time of about 7s, to 30s, and all was well.

If you don't fix it (and Innovv are very helpful), and fancy a ride down to south Cheshire, we can trouble shoot it.
Regards
Phil

Back
Top Bottom