My RT

Col

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just messing about with my photos on my phone and saw this one and thought I would share it. Changed last May from the GS. Not really gelled yet but it is a great bike.
5bb048f4b835b5b367f7b948b1305c87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Changed from my 1200 Rallye to an RT in October 1100 miles in gelled a treat damned site more comfortable than the Rallye particularly on the suspension. Lifts its skirts and goes well. Bring on the touring weather .

Nice colour.

I wanted to like the RT and in about 2014 bought one of the 90th editions, iirc was the end of the air cooled. We had it a year and after 6000 or so miles pxd it for a Multi-Srada. I remember it was hard work on the twisties compared with the GSA.

I do miss the heated seat, luggage and weather protection and have considered getting one as a second bike for the winter, maybe next Autumn....

Nice colour.

I wanted to like the RT and in about 2014 bought one of the 90th editions, iirc was the end of the air cooled. We had it a year and after 6000 or so miles pxd it for a Multi-Srada. I remember it was hard work on the twisties compared with the GSA.

I do miss the heated seat, luggage and weather protection and have considered getting one as a second bike for the winter, maybe next Autumn....

Steve, come have a go on mine, its not hard work in the twisties :)

I had one like that; I've forgotten the official name of the colour, but I thought it really attractive.

Attachments

• New RT 02.JPG
    New RT 02.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,056
Steve, come have a go on mine, its not hard work in the twisties :)

Robert, I’d ask to to take it to Spain for two weeks in September, but I’d really be glad of no weather protection and the heated seat would be a tad uncomfortable, but thank you.

And to those who fear the RT is a little heavy, interesting to note it's 10 kg lighter than theHonda vfr 1200 crosstourer in DCT form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ymfb,
Can you compare the Multistrada and the RT? Did you regret the swap and, if so, why?
Thanks
Omobono

Changed from my 1200 Rallye to an RT in October 1100 miles in gelled a treat damned site more comfortable than the Rallye particularly on the suspension. Lifts its skirts and goes well. Bring on the touring weather .

Funnily enough I found my GSAs comfier esp in the suspension dept. But RT has a better road manner and feels more planted and is way prettier imho. GS is a fugly bike thats cool. RT is actually a pretty beast, certainly one of the better looking tourers ever. If that counts for any. Go is adequate. They never reallly set the world on fire, but it makes me feel good that I can ride it often at 8-9/10ths without having a death wish. Bring on a 1500 boxer perhaps in the future?

I bought an RT full spec with only 96 miles on it!! It was a lovely bike, nothing to really dislike, leg room for me at 6' 2" was a little cramped, and my wife loved it. But I couldn't get a GS out of my system. Traded it in for a 1250GS exclusive last september and loving it. As they say, each to there own.

I’ve had a few RTs. Somehow or another I seem to sway towards a GSA. Then a RT then a gsa. I can’t afford both. Currently on a 850 gs. Looking at an XR. JJH

Heres Mine bought yesterday for blood running

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0324.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0324.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 397

Back
Top Bottom