Taxi from Gatwick to Swanley?

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Flying into Gatwick on Wednesday afternoon. Collecting a bike in Swanley...

The train seems to want to take me into London and back out?

Is a taxi the only way round this? They seem to be around £60

Cheers
Rory

I looked at that... unfortunately by the time I clear the terminal it will probably be 16.45 and I need to be at dealers before 6...

Nightmare, looks like a taxi... expensive though

a train ticket is £21.60 and the journey is about the same time as driving - train a no brainer really, as most sellers will collect you from a local station, assuming you are travelling outside commuting hours. If you are arriving at LGW early then chill out and get breakfast until the commuters are in their cubicles.

I looked at that... unfortunately by the time I clear the terminal it will probably be 16.45 and I need to be at dealers before 6...

You might well struggle at that time of night. You're looking at a minimum of 45 mins I would suggest and possibly longer in rush hour. Under an hour you'd be doing well. I don't know if theres a Taxi bike service nearby but might be worth checking out.

Unless the dealer is willing to stay open longer I see a Travelodge in your near future. The probability of making it from LGW to Swanley in an hour at that time of day is approaching zero.

Bear in mind, with the various bits of paper that you have to sign before a bike is handed over, a handover can take an hour at a dealer. Even for a used bike. Worse if the forms are on a computer and you have to sign on a tablet.

My dilemma has been resolved by spm0912....

Faith in humanity and the good nature of bikers restored!!

Attachments

• 9081B977-0078-424C-9D81-2EF26349006A.jpeg
    9081B977-0078-424C-9D81-2EF26349006A.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 114
I'm on my way to Gatwick now. Shouldn't have taken the hi level exhaust off

Attachments

• IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 93

Back
Top Bottom