Advice for Morocco

gxnotgs

Reaction score
What is the best way to get /exchange money in Morocco?
Thanks

Get a few dibdobs at the border when you get off the ferry, after that there are loads of cash machines in the larger towns. Your never more than a few days away from a machine, quite a few in fuel stations I seem to recall. No a big worry.

Thanks
Ive never been to a country where you can't get some money b4 you go.

Being a closed currency, IIRC you are allowed to take a max MAD 1000 in/out. However, best not add any complications - just do as Merv suggests in #2, but remember to keep all receipts for currency purchased, as these may be requested when you revisit the port exchange bureau as you leave (unlikely for small amounts, unless they don't like the cut of your jib). BTW, some larger shops & hotels will accept Euros.

Spent 2 weeks touring there back last Oct. stopped at a cash machine in the first town in Morocco just inside the border after crossing from Spain. No problems. As others have said, all the major towns have cash machines readily available.... like you, I was a bit concerned before setting off, but to be honest, I needn’t have worried.

When I got back to Malaga airport, I still had some Moroccan currency left, but the Exchange Bureau changed it back into Euros for me no problem....so you might be able to get some Moroccan at the border post in Spain before entering Morocco. Worth asking. Anyway...enjoy.

I found myself on a toll outside of Ceuta. Had no Dirhams. Gave the young lad a Euro. He thought he’d died and gone to heaven.:D

There are bureaus in the bigger towns, especially the tourist ones.

The only currency you need are Tic Tacs, just ask Steptoe if you don't believe me :)

Getting cash is relatively easy in morocco.....plenty cash machines, banks, cash exchange points......try something like a Caxton card..you load as much cash as you want from your bank online and you can change the currencies whilst on the move..ie euro, dollars etc. You pay no fees as you can always pay in local currency......and you are not carrying lots of grubby dirhams....wash your hands regularly as the cash is very dirty....fab place..enjoy

The only currency you need are Tic Tacs, just ask Steptoe if you don't believe me :)

The Orange flavour have more value than the mint ones :D

Attachments

• DSCN2593.jpg
    DSCN2593.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 248

Back
Top Bottom