denmark /sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfpint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
going on a 20 day trip in may ,have been looking for a place to leave my van . toyota hiace just need parking off street any idea ?

could leave it round my place in northern germany

going on a 20 day trip in may ,have been looking for a place to leave my van . toyota hiace just need parking off street any idea ?

Sweden is a very large country, whilst Denmark is comparatively small, but still annoyingly large if your van is 100 miles away from where you would ideally like it to be.

It would assist people greatly if you could give them the slightest clue as to where you want to keep your vehicle and between which dates. For example:

Is it:

A. In Denmark, if so roughly where and between which dates?

B. In Sweden, if so roughly where and between which dates?

C. Some combination of A and B?

D. In the UK, if so roughly where and between which dates?

E. Somewhere else entirely?

The precise date(s) in May would be really handy, just in case someone says: “You can use my drive mate, as I’ll be away from the 1st to the 20th. I live in Umea, Sweden”, when you want the 10th to the 30th and are seeking somewhere much closer to Copenhagen / Malmo, 800 miles away.

Please try harder, as it will help people to help you. Rather like the way you gave instructions to the bloke selling his Transalp to stand a bit further away when taking pictures, it helps if you give a clear image of what it is you are trying to achieve.

There's a small but free car park next to the Post Office on Teehay Lane near me if you're stuck for somewhere.

You can park outside my house (London E1).

I’ll have to move my own car and pay to park it in the NCP for the duration, but if you are stuck it’s what a fellow biker should and would do. Not great but closer to Suffolk (and Scandinavia, too) than the Wirral.

Here’s a handy map:

a3f9b924267402bde67a943c5228da7d.plist

If nothing else it does illustrate the challenges you have set us. Though you’ll notice that the blue line does pass through ‘Northern Germany’ so maybe Lo-IQ’s kind offer may well come into play?

Await your words, OP.

Yeah but, yeah but, if he goes from Hull, I'm nearer to there than you are. :D :augie

sorry for the lack of info we are doing the the tet up Sweden and back down finland , so start near malmo , dont mind anywhere in that direction denmark ,Sweden border , thanks for the offers of parking on the wirrel and e1 but alas the wrong direction as for hull is that still a place or just a transit camp!!! crossing harwich to hooker of holland thanks

Can't help with the parking, but I have contact details for the hooker of holland if you need them..

So, to cut to the chase, you need suggestions on somewhere to park your van in May (dates to be established) for 20 days in or near Malmo or Copenhagen.

3 rd to the 23 there was no chase was there ? only if i went via london and the wirrel . thanks

for a few oncers you could leave your van in danemark at my mates house

thanks that a great offer .will take you up on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom