Seat Modification Vendor Recommendations

parkys100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
I contacted Tony Archer today but unless you drop your seat in to his work shop ,He has stopped doing post .
What other companies have people dealt with, who do send over the post system ,any good recommendations would be very helpful .Thank you in advance. :thumb

Hello
I contacted Tony Archer today but unless you drop your seat in to his work shop ,He has stopped doing post .
What other companies have people dealt with, who do send over the post system ,any good recommendations would be very helpful .Thank you in advance. :thumb

Try these chaps http://doncastertrimmers.co.uk/

They have bikes themselves and have done a few for people that i know, all of whom have been very happy

Elite Seats
at Sussex Motorcycles
Brighton (01273) 913181
Kent (01273) 913181
email: sussexmotorcycles@yahoo.co.uk

I had a Yamaha seat re-trimmed on a while-you-watch-and-wait basis. It is a fascinating and unusual place.
The seat was rock-hard for me, 20 minutes max. He carved out an inch of foam and replaced it with two inches of memory foam. Surprisingly, the seat did not seem to be that much higher. I was then able to ride to work without my Airhawk cushion, though I'd still take it for a day's riding.
If you really wanted gel, I suspect that you would have to bring your own insert and he would still do the work for you.

Hope this helps,

John

f anyone is looking to get there Seat modified I can highly recommend RD Designs in Hartlepool, Roger has been modifying seats to customer requirements for 30 years. I have used him several times
He has just completed a modification to my F850GS Seat. Reduction of 20mm and Gel Insert fitted. Excellent service. Very reasonable price and quick turn around

He can be contacted on 07949 863488 or dodges.roger@googlemail.com

If anyone needs a picture of mine PM me

Bit off beam but wanted opinions/experience of using a low sear and using excess padding to create same height as standard seat but more comfortable:nenau

Got a spare low, came with bike.

Back
Top Bottom