Gone and done it

SoK, i can collect on your behalf and test rag, sorry ride it home for you ;) xx

You’re a very good friend, Mart! :D

Enjoy the bike but unless you think you’ll be stopping riding in 12 months there’s no way it’ll be your last bike.

I’ll only stop, if I catch the flesh eating disease that’s ravishing it’s way around the country!

Looks like a great bike.:beerjug: Lower seat height than the other Multistradas?

Nope, same as all of them, apart from the enduro.

Nice one Rich! Bike looks fab mate:okay

Welcome aboard, I saw the GT last year and that led me to the 1260S before Christmas. You will love it when it’s run in .

Lovely , get the proper system

Have you seen the price !

The Pikes peak has a termi homologated system which i assume to mean it has a smaller cat then the standard pipe

Interestingly and through experiment my 1290 SDGT with just an Akro can was as quick in every roll on test we did side by side with my mates SDR with the full Akro system his sounded better though

Oh and he has just had to take it off as his insurance renewal went up by 700 quid because of it and no one else would even touch it he took it off and insured the bike for £140

Have you seen the price !

The Pikes peak has a termi homologated system which i assume to mean it has a smaller cat then the standard pipe

Interestingly and through experiment my 1290 SDGT with just an Akro can was as quick in every roll on test we did side by side with my mates SDR with the full Akro system his sounded better though

Oh and he has just had to take it off as his insurance renewal went up by 700 quid because of it and no one else would even touch it he took it off and insured the bike for £140

The dealer said that mine with the termi end can is exactly the same as the system on the Pikes Peak. I said that it has to be the same or better than yours, and he told me not to worry. :D

The only thing I don’t like about the standard system, is the back box tends to look a bit crap on most of the bikes I’ve seen. I’m sure I’ll find a knack to keeping it looking good!

The dealer said that mine with the termi end can is exactly the same as the system on the Pikes Peak. I said that it has to be the same or better than yours, and he told me not to worry. :D

The only thing I don’t like about the standard system, is the back box tends to look a bit crap on most of the bikes I’ve seen. I’m sure I’ll find a knack to keeping it looking good!
I actually went to the dealer with the intention of buying the S as the deal they were doing included panniers , centre stand and heated grips but by the time i added up the cost of a pipe for the S it was only very slightly cheaper than the Pikes peak and so the sickness began .......

I actually went to the dealer with the intention of buying the S as the deal they were doing included panniers , centre stand and heated grips but by the time i added up the cost of a pipe for the S it was only very slightly cheaper than the Pikes peak and so the sickness began .......

Only very slightly? :augie :D

Does Susan frequent these pages? :p

Only very slightly? :augie :D

Does Susan frequent these pages? :p
Fortunately not but that doesn't matter it really was only a grand or so difference ( i must have caught the dealer on a generous day ) and to me that became a no brainer

She is used to me now and when i mention a new bike she just say go and buy the bloody thing and save days or weeks of agonising ....

Fortunately not but that doesn't matter it really was only a grand or so difference ( i must have caught the dealer on a generous day ) and to me that became a no brainer

She is used to me now and when i mention a new bike she just say go and buy the bloody thing and save days or weeks of agonising ....

I need to borrow your man maths calculator! :D

Jo normally just rolls her eyes when I get a new bike, but this time she was actually behind it, and said that after the last few months, I deserve it. I normally get her something nice/ go out for a meal somewhere special/ take her on a break somewhere, when I get a new bike, but this time she said no need. I still will though. :thumb

....and so the list of farkles grows eh.....;)
The tail tidy is not a farkle it is essential

Essential that you get a very dirty back of jacket when it rains as form over function rules on Italian bikes

I try very hard not to add weight these days and i know its only a few ounces here and there but it all adds up and i prefer my bikes not looking like a tinkers donkey

Back
Top Bottom