It’s happened again

Wow thanks gents!

Lots more words

So I guess I won’t be picking it up on Friday after all :(

Oh well, I won’t moan, a lot of folks have bigger problems than that at the moment!

Don't come on here with this proper, nice, grown up sentiment man !!

Nicest looking new bike there is. Wonderful. Enjoy the moment when you pick it up. :beerjug:

The only negative point for the moment is that the government announced last night that all non essential shops have to close because of the Coronavirus :blast
I believe it’s well documented that happiness has a huge positive effect on the human immune system. Surely motorcycle shops are primary to our happiness and therefore it’s crucial to keep them open.
Enjoy a lovely looking bike.
:beerjug:

This probably wouldn't bother anybody in the world other than me.

The gap between the top of the back tyre and the underside of the seat is massive and drags my eyes away from the rest of a nice looking bike. Years ago this exact eyesore stopped me buying a new Ducati GT1000 Sports Classic.

See what I mean ?? (Ignore me, enjoy your new bike...:thumb2)

The gap you're referring to would close up if I was sat on it!

Wow thanks gents! Didn’t expect such a response :beerjug:

The gap is there it’s undeniable, but in the flesh you don’t notice it, maybe because you tend to be looking at the bike from above rather than directly from the side as in the photos

I guess cost and weight eliminated the 4 into 4 exhaust but most folks junked them for a 4 into 1 back in the day so I guess that makes it sort of authentic ;). Oh and it sounds glorious

The paint looked fantastic yesterday in bright sunlight, nice and deep and very metallic, copied from the 1974 model I believe

I’ll post up some more impressions of it once I’ve had more than a half hour test ride but if you watch a few YouTube videos it has surprised a lot of testers in a very good way

The engine especially is a peach, smooth, plenty of power and surprisingly torquey for a 4 cylinder :eek:

The only negative point for the moment is that the government announced last night that all non essential shops have to close because of the Coronavirus :blast

So I guess I won’t be picking it up on Friday after all :(

Oh well, I won’t moan, a lot of folks have bigger problems than that at the moment!

I wouldn't want to wait until Friday.

How about calling the dealer and say that you'd like it much sooner so you'll have it to play with during isolation?

I'm sure they'll be able to do this.

I wouldn't want to wait until Friday.

How about calling the dealer and say that you'd like it much sooner so you'll have it to play with during isolation?

I'm sure they'll be able to do this.

It’s not their choice, the government has closed all non essential shops as from last night

I haven’t spoken to them obviously as it happened after they closed

I’ll call them next week but I don’t expect it to be possible, as I said above, it’s not exactly critical

Here we are, I thought I had a couple of pics. They're not great, but they do give a sense of the lovely paint.

Sorry about the orientation.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 148
Wonderful thing. Doesn't look to have anything above what it needs.

That looks lovely.

Can they not park it outside and pass you the keys through the letterbox ?

:green gri

Indeed

I added a grab rail and a center stand (which should have been standard at this price point) but that’s all it will get, I’m not into farkles on my bikes

Quite right - if its charm is its similarity to the original 70s bike, I'd be careful not to detract from that. The centre stand is spot on though.

I added a grab rail and a center stand (which should have been standard at this price point) but that’s all it will get, I’m not into farkles on my bikes

Put a centre stand on mine as well. A radiator guard plus front fender extender helps keep the radiator looking nice. I put on a rear extender as well as I'm in the cold damp north.

Yes, I’m lucky enough to have two bikes, I’ve got a GS LC for long trips around Europe and weekends away

Hopefully by June things will be back to normal and we can all get out and put some miles on our mopeds !

I think the Kawasaki will be a killer in the twisties with its upright riding position and that engine :nod

Yes, that's how paintwork should be, deep and lustrous. Not the shitty matt stuff they seem to foist on us all too often.

Enjoy the bike......

I would have been sorely tempted by this had it been available when I bought my MT-09. The Yamaha replaced a scooter and I was looking at a solo-only machine.

I would have a divorce on my hands if I attempted to take the other half on the back of the MT.

Back
Top Bottom