Stelvio probably the most famous pass in the Alps

David-1995

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All

We spent two weeks last summer going up and down various Alpine passes on our 1200GSA

This video shows the Stelvio probably the most famous, or at least in the UK, probably due to Top Gear

Unfortunately, it’s very busy most of the time, and although one to do I think there are more enjoyable passes to ride

The video is part of a series Paul my mat shot which include

The Furka & Grimsel, Switzerland
The Timmelsjoch, Austria/Italy
The Silvretta Hochalpenstraße High Alpine Road, Austria
The Klausenpass, in Switzerland

If you’re thinking about touring the Alps hopefully they will give you some ideas

If you have a smart TV, they are all filmed in HD so look great on a TV

You can find them on YouTube if you search for PJY Motorcycling or alternatively just subscribe to the link for the Stelvio

Hopefully by the time the riding season for the Alps starts, May, on wards Coronavirus will be in retreat

Ride Safe

David & Vivien

https://youtu.be/xVAMmFlM4OA?t=5

Moved. Arguably thinly described spam from a non-subscriber.

Before the Travel section turns into the 2020’s equivalent of a night in the 70’s watching some bod’s slide show.

Before the Travel section turns into the 2020’s equivalent of a night in the 70’s watching some bod’s slide show.

Mmm, just one of thousands of not even remotely interesting holiday videos that I seem to manage about 20 seconds in total, thru flicking forward to find the interesting bits (I've never found 'em)

Scotland has its' own mini Stelvio's, and "there's nobody there" (as Billy Connolly once said)

Attachments

• 20190721_125218.jpg
    20190721_125218.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 20190721_125416.jpg
    20190721_125416.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 524
Take this road (an absolute delight for bikes) from Calvine (just north of Pitlochry), then turn right at Trinafour.

Attachments

• 20190721_131642.jpg
    20190721_131642.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 497
I'm heading to that dam in the summer, the gate is locked on the access road but me thinks I know how to get there from another track.

I think you will find Top Gear went there because it was famous, not the other way around, I had heard of it and ridden it several times before they got there - and it was f****g busy before those tosspots arrived.

This video shows the Stelvio probably the most famous, or at least in the UK, probably due to Top Gear

I think you will find Top Gear went there because it was famous, not the other way around, I had heard of it and ridden it several times before they got there - and it was f****g busy before those tosspots arrived.

Well, I have been riding GS's for 15 year and just picking up a R1250GSA on Saturday assuming it passes the PDI with the brakes today.

Personally i like watching other peoples trips, it gives you idea's for future stuff, was hoping to do Norway this year from another video i have seen from a GS rider

Paul i was riding with spent a lot of timing editing the video, its free, and he doesn't make any money out of it so i don't really see what the problem is

Try watching the Norway trip Fraser put together, its done as a couple so you might not like that, but really well produced

Its better on a smart TV if you have one, search Travels on my Motorbike or click the link on here

https://youtu.be/3vlfsyrdUFY?t=1

Safe riding

Well, I have been riding GS's for 15 year and just picking up a R1250GSA on Saturday assuming it passes the PDI with the brakes today.

Personally i like watching other peoples trips, it gives you idea's for future stuff, was hoping to do Norway this year from another video i have seen from a GS rider

Paul i was riding with spent a lot of timing editing the video, its free, and he doesn't make any money out of it so i don't really see what the problem is

Try watching the Norway trip Fraser put together, its done as a couple so you might not like that, but really well produced

Its better on a smart TV if you have one, search Travels on my Motorbike or click the link on here

https://youtu.be/3vlfsyrdUFY?t=1

Safe riding

Scotland has its' own mini Stelvio's, and "there's nobody there" (as Billy Connolly once said)

So many hairpins (2) that you had to take two photos to remember each of them? :D :D :D

PS: as usual, Stelvio is overrated.

Back
Top Bottom