RS vs SX

finn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i rode the RS the other day great bike just need some risers and different screen but i cant get the £17k price tag outta my head when the Kwak sx100 tourer is £12k, ive seen the new kwak and look great just need a test ride all the reports ive seen say the kwak is a better bike so 5k difference is the rs a 5 k better ?

Twins vs 4s?

one big problem with the kwak is no top box as composite rear end so cant take the weight:blast

Have you not looked at the XR Finn?

A mate is on his 3rd SX. He raves about it as an all round road bike. Love the look but not brilliant for a pillion...well, not one the age of my wife.

Edit Blimey...you can get a new 2019 model with touring kit for £9500 !

Kawasakis go to ride, if you want to take a pillion & luggage is the much revised Versys1000, which has a mildly detuned version of the SX motor. A nice comfy ride by all accounts & that 4 is creamy smooth, but more expensive than you might expect when you load up the options. However, I see a few dealers are offering some sweet deals on identical 2019 leftovers.

I have the 1200rs very happy with it after sorting ergo,s. And its good two up. Maybe see If a nearly new turns up ( save a few bob ). Me thinks the new f900xr will take some sales away from the RS

A mate is on his 3rd SX. He raves about it as an all round road bike. Love the look but not brilliant for a pillion...well, not one the age of my wife.

Edit Blimey...you can get a new 2019 model with touring kit for £9500 !

the 2020 tourer is 12k which is everything but a 2.5k saving isnt to be sniffed at

Kawasakis go to ride, if you want to take a pillion & luggage is the much revised Versys1000, which has a mildly detuned version of the SX motor. A nice comfy ride by all accounts & that 4 is creamy smooth, but more expensive than you might expect when you load up the options. However, I see a few dealers are offering some sweet deals on identical 2019 leftovers.

had a look at 1 rather have a GS for that cash its bulky to say the least and im after a road bike and havent had a pillion on for years and ive got a 790r and 1100gs for dirt so this new bike wont see anything but tarmac i hope :)

I have the 1200rs very happy with it after sorting ergo,s. And its good two up. Maybe see If a nearly new turns up ( save a few bob ). Me thinks the new f900xr will take some sales away from the RS

not tried the new xr ... yet but that 1250 engine in the rs is fantastic

off to have a look a minty 1200 Rs

I rode a SX a few years ago. I could not get on with the riding position. I then looked at the Versys as that came out about the same time but it was definitely built to a price and a used Super Tenere came along. Rode that until 2015 then wanted a lighter bike due to health reasons so bought a Tracer as it was very good value.

Then I test rode a R1200RS in 2016 and bought one. I still have it. I have raised the bars and lowered the pegs to make it more comfortable on a long journey.

For me, the RS was worth the price premium over the Tracer or SX. The suspension and finish on the bike is so much better. The Tracer triple engine was great but it's not a boxer and it threw you out of the saddle on bumpy roads.

Definitely look at the used 1200. They come with a 3 year warranty now. Yes, the new 1250 engine is very good but it's not I'm not tempted to spend £7000 or more to change. The lupin blue R1200RS looks better than any of the new colours as well.

I suggest you also try the Tracer and the F900XR before making a decision.

I rode a SX a few years ago. I could not get on with the riding position. I then looked at the Versys as that came out about the same time but it was definitely built to a price and a used Super Tenere came along. Rode that until 2015 then wanted a lighter bike due to health reasons so bought a Tracer as it was very good value.

Then I test rode a R1200RS in 2016 and bought one. I still have it. I have raised the bars and lowered the pegs to make it more comfortable on a long journey.

For me, the RS was worth the price premium over the Tracer or SX. The suspension and finish on the bike is so much better. The Tracer triple engine was great but it's not a boxer and it threw you out of the saddle on bumpy roads.

Definitely look at the used 1200. They come with a 3 year warranty now. Yes, the new 1250 engine is very good but it's not I'm not tempted to spend £7000 or more to change. The lupin blue R1200RS looks better than any of the new colours as well.

I suggest you also try the Tracer and the F900XR before making a decision.
Cheers for that had a go on a tracer a while ago but as I've a 790 didn't see the point or could get some SM wheels for it. I can't justify 17k on the 1250 much as I like it so a used 6-8k 1200 seems in the cards, I've seen a couple of sx used and not in the same league as used or looked after bm's as for the warranty I just hope nothing serious goes wrong

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

A nice R1200Rs has appeared on ebay at £6995, 2016 and 8k or so, miles.

It looks a beauty (though in black and silver- I'd prefer Lupin blue), but seems a bit too good to be true......

Bike's at Hawarden. Not sure where that is.

I test rode both 2 years ago and thought the sx was more the sports bike, but the rs was the more complete bike. It just depends where your priorities lie, the latest sx is euro 5 and FBW so may well be better than the one I rode, but there again the 1250 is IMO nicer than the 1200, but obviously at a cost

A nice R1200Rs has appeared on ebay at £6995, 2016 and 8k or so, miles.

It looks a beauty (though in black and silver- I'd prefer Lupin blue), but seems a bit too good to be true......

Bike's at Hawarden. Not sure where that is.
Off to see that later about 5 miles away

I test rode both 2 years ago and thought the sx was more the sports bike, but the rs was the more complete bike. It just depends where your priorities lie, the latest sx is euro 5 and FBW so may well be better than the one I rode, but there again the 1250 is IMO nicer than the 1200, but obviously at a cost

Off to see that later about 5 miles away

Hawarden to Chester, you could freewheel that back jf you liked it. Good hunting Steve ( living in Hawarden)

I went from KRS to 1150GS to RTLC and then the 1200RS in 2017, the main reason was I could get both feet flat on the floor, I struggled with the GS and the RT and made pillion work a liitle more testing. I find the 1200RS excellent for when we go out two up and I don't get any complaints on the comfort, we only go away for a max of 3 nights on the RS, but I can get enough kit on the bike if it is just me, to get back to visit the UK. The only modification I made was the bar risers and this took quite a bit of weight off the wrists. The last item for me is always the shaft drive, having had one for 33 years, otherwise I would probably drop down to a smaller bike now.

Back
Top Bottom