New Multi V4

Much longer intervals between hugely expensive valve clearance checks on what is meant to be a touring bike must make some people want to consider buying them?

I must admit to liking twins but having to dismantle half the bike every 16k miles to check an internal engine component is in my opinion totally bonkers.

I don't believe the nonsense about self-adjusting hydraulic tappets not being suitable for bikes because they're high revving. How many Golf R's and M5's need their valves manually checked and adjusted every 16k miles?

They’re still going to need a service every 10k miles at best and they’ll probably insist on dealer servicing every year before the valve checks even if they haven’t reached the 10k mile interval. That’ll be engine oil annually, coolant and hydraulic fluids biannually, check and adjust all sorts of other items so nothing cheap even before you get the big one.

Bit odd that the right side of the engine is gold coloured, and the left is silver. :nenau

They’re still going to need a service every 10k miles at best and they’ll probably insist on dealer servicing every year before the valve checks even if they haven’t reached the 10k mile interval. That’ll be engine oil annually, coolant and hydraulic fluids biannually, check and adjust all sorts of other items so nothing cheap even before you get the big one.

I've got a 1260 Multi and 821 Hyperstrada & will be doing my own servicing!

It’s such a disappointment for me. All it is is a GS. I wanted a 200hp comfortable sportsbike. Basically a faster XR. Not another GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top speed isn’t important that feeling of cracking the throttle from full lean in second 2-3 with the needle around 10k+ is just amazing especially in the summer in dynamic pro laying lovely arcing black lines takes some beating. I wouldn’t bother with cams as the pistons are also different and the valves and I believe rods. Would be easier to slot a complete rr engine in and get the mapping Rev limiter sorted.

Top speed isn’t important that feeling of cracking the throttle from full lean in second 2-3 with the needle around 10k+ is just amazing especially in the summer in dynamic pro laying lovely arcing black lines takes some beating. I wouldn’t bother with cams as the pistons are also different and the valves and I believe rods. Would be easier to slot a complete rr engine in and get the mapping Rev limiter sorted.

Are you Boxerlust’s U.K. cousin ?

If you want a faster XR change the cams to those fitted to the RR.

However, my XR didn't feel stable at 120 so I wouldn't have wanted it to go much faster.

Odd that a few have said similar but mine was OK at well past 150 ( on a private road officer) and I seem to recall seeing a video of someone on here at 160 on the same private road albeit moved to France

My multi has seen 150 and was rock steady

And no im not willy waving

Mine is 100% stable no matter what the speed. Most people who suffer instability hold on too tight. After 20 years of track riding my grip on the bars is very loose almost rolling the throttle with my palm and fingers.

Mine was rock steady at 188. But that was two up with luggage . Didn’t even need to hold the bars at all. Great bikes.

Odd that a few have said similar but mine was OK at well past 150 ( on a private road officer) and I seem to recall seeing a video of someone on here at 160 on the same private road albeit moved to France

My multi has seen 150 and was rock steady

And no im not willy waving

I think I know who that might have been. :augie :D

Ducati have started a survey, to get current and potential owners feedback. I think they may be in for a bit of a shock!

I had one of the very first air-cooled multistradas and never had another multistrada since, tried the 1260 and loved the engine but hated everything else, found it cramped and uncomfortable compared to my GS. If this is only 215kg wet I'm interested, I ride my GS off road a lot and the narrower engine and lighter weight are attracting me. Middle model with spoke wheels could be on the horizon.

Ducati have started a survey, to get current and potential owners feedback. I think they may be in for a bit of a shock!

They may well alienate the Ducati aficionados, even those who’ve only had one a few months :)
But many people don’t like the Multis, so if they’ve changed it then it may appeal to new buyers.
So what is it that you don’t like, apart from the lack of 17” front wheel, Mr Boxerlust UK ? :aidan.
You’ll look a tad daft next summer when you part ex the 1260 for one, after knocking it on here , as well as on numerous Ducati forums, as your Instant Expert status allows :blast (I’m just making the wild assumption that you’re on Ducati forums, based on your comments as to what loyal Ducatisti (and you) are saying about the new bike )

I had one of the very first air-cooled multistradas and never had another multistrada since, tried the 1260 and loved the engine but hated everything else, found it cramped and uncomfortable compared to my GS. If this is only 215kg wet I'm interested, I ride my GS off road a lot and the narrower engine and lighter weight are attracting me. Middle model with spoke wheels could be on the horizon.

Totally agree.
Tried the first one when they came out for a few hours.
Horrid riding position, very plasticky, dreadful screen and lumpy as hell motor.
Didn’t ride one again till 2 years ago, when my brother got one.
Still horrid riding position and screen.Motor smoother though.
The screen was so bad that my mate on our 2018 Asturias trip actually turned up with no screen as he said it was better without !! He had tinnitus and tried literally every aftermarket screen available .

I’ll try a Multi V4.If it’s anything like the V4 in the Pani and Streetfighter then it’ll be fabulous.But with no desmo valves, it may have a different feel.

But I really don’t need radar cruise for where I ride.
Initials reviews are very favourable. The motor seems fantastic, the screen seems to finally work ,the TFT no longer looks like something a child designed.Rider seat is well designed, so hopefully pillion will be too.
Apart from fuel consumption, it’s all VERY positive so far.

Meanwhile, what do journos know !!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wKo9zVcXS7g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nutty ,fast forward to 5 minutes to have your fears allayed, though obviously a test ride will be needed to confirm the shite journos ain’t in the backpockets of the manufacturers :blagblah

Back
Top Bottom