New Multi V4

It’s such a disappointment for me. All it is is a GS. I wanted a 200hp comfortable sportsbike. Basically a faster XR. Not another GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about tweaking an XR engine so it's the same as a RR? I had an XR and considered doing this after a conversation with Geoff at Hilltop.

It would be totally bonkers and I'd love to try one with 200BHP

They may well alienate the Ducati aficionados, even those who’ve only had one a few months :)
But many people don’t like the Multis, so if they’ve changed it then it may appeal to new buyers.

Totally agree.
Tried the first one when they came out for a few hours.
Horrid riding position, very plasticky, dreadful screen and lumpy as hell motor.
Didn’t ride one again till 2 years ago, when my brother got one.
Still horrid riding position and screen.Motor smoother though.
The screen was so bad that my mate on our 2018 Asturias trip actually turned up with no screen as he said it was better without !! He had tinnitus and tried literally every aftermarket screen available .

I might try a Multi V4.If it’s anything like the V4 in the Pani and Streetfighter then it’ll be fabulous.But with no desmo valves, it may have a different feel.

Very much doubt I’d buy one though as pillion provision still seems an afterthought and I really don’t need radar cruise control as wouldn’t be using it up and down the UK motorway network !!

Meanwhile, what do journos know !!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wKo9zVcXS7g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only super-fast Boxerman would actually need desmo valves. Most of us average riders don't rev the nuts off our engines for fear of going to prison so it's wasted.

How about tweaking an XR engine so it's the same as a RR? I had an XR and considered doing this after a conversation with Geoff at Hilltop.

It would be totally bonkers and I'd love to try one with 200BHP

I have been looking for a second hand RR engine

Have a chat with Geoff at Hilltop. From my conversation and understanding it's only the cams and maps that needs changing.

I have spoke to Geoff when he sorted the fuelling on mine after I ruined the bike by putting a full system on mine is super smooth now!!
The cams inlet valves and pistons possibly rods are different. But he has done an xr which just had rr cams fitted. I’d rather keep the motor std and drop a complete rr motor in. But I think it’s unlikely I will do it just time!

I have spoke to Geoff when he sorted the fuelling on mine after I ruined the bike by putting a full system on mine is super smooth now!!
The cams inlet valves and pistons possibly rods are different. But he has done an xr which just had rr cams fitted. I’d rather keep the motor std and drop a complete rr motor in. But I think it’s unlikely I will do it just time!

I seem to recall the original 2010 Mk1 RR had lightweight cams so it would spin up faster , though there was some risk of a catastrophe , so they changed them rather sharpish.
Got a late 2010 model at the time and they had been changed on that.
Maybe they will start making more sporty 19" front tyres now.:D

MCN’s meaningless review .

Just had a look at the configurator.
The Sport does look quite nice actually

8f6e09eb0826fc5ac98da21ee866c715.jpg

035bccd257741e4f8122441778fe5cf1.jpg

I think it’s great.

I can bet that a few will be eating humble pie once they’ve actually tried one for themselves. :p

The reviews by journos so far seem to be very very favourable.

I was somewhat critical of it and remain so when compared to the 1260 stats and in particular my PP with full termi etc

Now I have not ridden the new one and remain to be convinced by the hype but i will ride one and that may change my mind although i cant say that i am overly impressed with the looks ofc the thing. It just looks to have lost all that lovely Ducati look.

It isnt ugly ( and believe me i have had some ugly bikes that does not put me off) but to my mind too bland for an Italian exotica although the V4S sport gets a bit nearer the mark....

I still remain and hope to be convinced but so far so good as far as Journos go

I was somewhat critical of it and remain so when compared to the 1260 stats and in particular my PP with full termi etc

Now I have not ridden the new one and remain to be convinced by the hype but i will ride one and that may change my mind although i cant say that i am overly impressed with the looks ofc the thing. It just looks to have lost all that lovely Ducati look.

It isnt ugly ( and believe me i have had some ugly bikes that does not put me off) but to my mind too bland for an Italian exotica although the V4S sport gets a bit nearer the mark....

It’s too similar in looks to the 1260.
I think it looks a tad better, the screen may actually work, and the TFT looks to be a big improvement.They’ve finally got rid of that stupid plastic monocle thingy which highlighted the gear indicator,just in case it wasn’t fucking obvious !!
The official spokesman for Ducatisti the world over has already decreed that loyal owners are up in arms and that Ducati have really fucked up with the new bike.
I think you may well be right, Rick.Humble pie may well be eaten and it might taste of nuts......

Spot on. I don't recall saying I'll never get one, but will definitely have a go on one when it arrives at dealers. If I get one, I’m sure that a certain someone will go back through my posts though, and quote everything I’ve typed on here. :rolleyes:

As always with new bikes/ cars etc they can look better in the flesh.

I went for a Multistrada as, like you, I wanted a more sporty bike, after having several GS's and 1290's. I won't be in the market for a new bike for a while, but speaking to a couple of dealers, they seem to think that there will be something coming later next year.

The only negative that I can see from the reviews so far are to do with fuel consumption. One reviewer said the real MPG went down to 14 at one point. That aside, it seems that the MPG is much less than the outgoing model, which could be an issue for some.

It’s too similar in looks to the 1260.
I think it looks a tad better, the screen may actually work, and the TFT looks to be a big improvement.They’ve finally got rid of that stupid plastic monocle thingy which highlighted the gear indicator,just in case it wasn’t fucking obvious !!
The official spokesman for Ducatisti the world over has already decreed that loyal owners are up in arms and that Ducati have really fucked up with the new bike.
I think you may well be right, Rick.Humble pie may well be eaten and it might taste of nuts......

it looks more like a GS than a Multi which is oddly what Ducati seem to be aiming it at as the competition so to speak

I assume that it rides really well and also that it goes really well

I am no stranger to humble pie ( Susan makes me eat quite a lot of it ) so will be happy to do so if required

But even if it is is as good as first journalistic reviews say it is it might not be the best bike for me as that might be a Tuono ....

I am still yet to be convinced by the hype

Spot on. I don't recall saying I'll never get one, but will definitely have a go on one when it arrives at dealers. As always with new bikes/ cars etc they can look better in the flesh.

True, but you did say

Not really. I’ve got the last of the proper Multistradas, it’s got a 4 year warranty, so I’ll enjoy it until it dies.

Seeing as you’ve only been a Ducati owner for 6 months ish, that’s a brave statement.
The chances of you still owning the 1260GT in Spring 2024 is ZERO !!! :)

it looks more like a GS than a Multi which is oddly what Ducati seem to be aiming it at as the competition so to speak

I assume that it rides really well and also that it goes really well

I am no stranger to humble pie ( Susan makes me eat quite a lot of it ) so will be happy to do so if required

But even if it is is as good as first journalistic reviews say it is it might not be the best bike for me as that might be a Tuono ....

I am still yet to be convinced by the hype

It looks better than it did on first sighting, and it’s good that they seemed to have fixed the dreadful screen,TFT etc.
And the V4 seems to have most of the benefits of the 1260 with few of the negatives,apart from fuel consumption.

I very much doubt I’d get one as specced up it’s nearly £19k without VAT.
Think I’d rather get a used, low mileage Streetfighter V4S and use another bike such as the RKS for two up touring .

Looks like a Honda Crossrunner :green gri

True, but you did say

Seeing as you’ve only been a Ducati owner for 6 months ish, that’s a brave statement.
The chances of you still owning the 1260GT in Spring 2024 is ZERO !!! :)

It looks better than it did on first sighting, and it’s good that they seemed to have fixed the dreadful screen,TFT etc.
And the V4 seems to have most of the benefits of the 1260 with few of the negatives,apart from fuel consumption.

I very much doubt I’d get one as specced up it’s nearly £19k without VAT.
Think I’d rather get a used, low mileage Streetfighter V4S and use another bike such as the RKS for two up touring .
The short PP screen is fcine for me although there is some annoying wind roar but that is well documented and comes from around the sides and mirrors and i can live with it as its only a problem at over 80 and on a motorway neither of which i do ....

I find the dash on the current bike more than good although to be fair the KTM 1290GT was better

That stupid plastic thing that no one seems to understand is gone on the new one but doesnt bother me either

Rick, you still need to ride a Streetfighter V4S.
Stunning bike .
I don’t like the bloody wings but apart from that ....and it’s got the best OE seat of any bike I’ve ridden for decades .

Ive only watched the Bennets and 44T videos posted here, but Ive got to say ..... I'm not sitting here thinking ... Damn .... Ive been a bit hasty (I'm picking up a Tuono Factory on Wednesday ... !).

It looks good, but nobody (ok, two journos!) seems to be saying .... WOW !! FUCK !! That is just fucking awesome ...

Dunno, maybe its just me who feels a bit stale with the whole adventure bike thing and a bit been there done it .. :nenau

I think the big interesting feel factor that I would want to experience and investigate for myself would be the 44T conversation about the 19'' front not feeling like a 19''. Ive got to admit that going back to 17" after six or seven years of 19 and 21"'s was just super refreshing, and I don't want to come away from that super grippy feel at the moment. But if they say it works .....

I still think the ace card the current model has is the fact that you could put super sticky tyres on it and ride it like a super moto. How many people will off road on this? and is going to 19" a compromise too far for the 95% of road biased riders ..??

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom