New Multi V4

I have a solution.

Keep the KTM and get one of these

IMG_6226.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you can stuff that for a game of soldiers!

I buy a brand new (£22k...say it quietly) bike and they offer to fit new cylinder heads to it before I collect it? Have I read that right? Ahahahahahaha!

Wow. So generous. No thanks.

Just in case you're not sure where my head is.....I'M OUT!!

It's new engine not heads isn't it? Plus free servicing and freebies.

Doesn't sound that bad to me.

It’s like marrying a virgin and then finding she is not . Be it rude I know but why spend 23k to have a used item , that has had tech spanners and second hand fixings .

Not as I'm reading this in MCN.

"Owners who have not yet taken delivery of their machine will have the offer of having a new head fitted by their dealership, or having new valve guides fitted to their engine back at the factory."

Neither of these involve freebies do they?

Let's see what they say, but even if they say 'your new bike will get a new engine at assembly', I won't trust its new and not one thats been stripped and new valve guides added. I'm in no rush.

And what will happen to all these second hand engines? In the scrap bin? Really? It's Italy. If there's nothing wrong with them other than valve guides you'd just fit new heads and fit them back in a new bike wouldn't you? Add a 1 to the engine number.

I just read that it’s not necessarily new engine anyway. That’s only if you've not taken delivery. If you have, it’s new heads at dealer or new guides at the factory.

I just read that it’s not necessarily new engine anyway. That’s only if you've not taken delivery. If you have, it’s new heads at dealer or new guides at the factory.

"MCN understands owners who have taken delivery of bikes will be offered a new engine as well as a courtesy bike until their machine is returned"

It’s like marrying a virgin and then finding she is not . Be it rude I know but why spend 23k to have a used item , that has had tech spanners and second hand fixings .

Either way it’s a bike that is not factory , so for me a non starter . As Apex , I’m in no rush whatsoever.

"MCN understands owners who have taken delivery of bikes will be offered a new engine as well as a courtesy bike until their machine is returned"

Ah, sorry. I seem to have got that arse about face :D

Mate of mine has one, he has been told that he will get a complete new engine, free servicing for 2yrs and £1500 as compensation. Apparently its only a small batch of bikes.
Personally I think I would return the bike and ask for a replacement.

my dealers demo is affected cant ride it as arranged who did you get ride with?

Had a V4S on loan this morning whilst mine was in for a service, believe most of what you read from the press it's creamy smooth and very easy to ride fast, quick shifter is buttery smooth, great ergonomics, the seat is more akin to other bikes as opposed to the "sit in" Multistrada seating position, brakes are fantastic as is the skyhook suspension, the ride is very very good, there's a waiting list apparently.......
My dealer confirmed the valve guide issue, not all his stock is affected and their demo bike obviously isn't.
I'm not buying one......
I'm not buying one......
I'm not buying one......

New boots ordered for the 1290, MOT passed, taxed and £107(!) fully comp insurance. Probably it for this next year.

Probably

New boots ordered for the 1290, MOT passed, taxed and £107(!) fully comp insurance. Probably it for this next year.

Probably

Just to quote from my own post.

Refund sorted yesterday. I gave the dealer the chance to convince me to take the bike (its in transit now). He was very honest with me, which I appreciated.

He wasn't able to point to anything that said "your order is a mile away from any of the current crop of issues Chris" - so I'm staying well away for now. Observe what happens from the gallery. You'd think they would send the dealer a note with all bikes freshly assembled that gives a potential customer some confidence. The fact that they haven't suggests to me that they aren't 100% sure that the issue is resolved. Time will tell.

Im undecided mine arrives next week unaffected they say? I am riding on eon Monday v4s then the KTM1290s wed then i will decide probably be going back to BMW 1250 LOL But i wanted a change.

Ducati Multi V4S went head-to-head with the BMW 1250GS in issue 6 of Motorrad magazine.

The Ducati only lost out to the BMW on the basis of its poorer fuel consumption. Both are exceptionally good bikes.

Pikes peak breaks cover , if it’s a street fighter with a fairing it’ll be great

Well , got the call from the dealer as they now have the demo back and ready to roll, hoping to take it out midweek for a good thrash , lets hope its better than the Ktm 1290 and as good as the 1250 gs , let the dice roll.
I am looking forward to it .

Ducati (10/10) took the crown in this month's Bike mag, which was more tarmac focussed, with the GS and AT (both 9/10) acknowledged as having more adventure / off-road slant, respectively. Surprisingly, especially given the remit of a weekend tarmac bike, the 1290 Adv S sat bottom of the pile along with the Harley (both 8/10), the Adv S being considered a little too edgy for a sporty away weekend rather than a full-on day ride. Horse for courses etc.

Must get myself a test ride on the MS4 to confirm whether I missed a trick. I'm hoping that after the test ride the GS still feels like home, as I really don't want to get the check book open again.

Back
Top Bottom