Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: New Multi V4

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe fatbob99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stick View Post
    Been working since the last post , tomorrow having a post run in ride , 400 miler through the best mid and north Wales can offer , few A mainly B and a few farmers tracks , looking forward to a good comparison to the 1250 .
    So far it’s great but not had chance to put the bike thro it’s paces.
    Are you still on the original rubber ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe stick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbob99 View Post
    Are you still on the original rubber ?
    Well , as good as I found the scorpions I decided to change to the CTA 3 (W) rated , did about 385 miles on them yesterday and they are a good as they were on the BM and delt with everything thrown at them and made the front feel even more planted .
    Great bike and a well suited set of boots .
    The Scorpion front is neutral and well suited to the bike and does not disappoint the feel , I prefere a faster turning profile which the Cta3 offers as that’s the way I like the front to feel .
    The bike was perfect and devoured the route with ease .
    Busy day today as of to a delayed wake so will try to give a 1000 mile rite up on the V4 .

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sad day , taking all the bits off the GS to move on , but getting excited for the new toy.
    I’m just at that stage also. After 20 plus BMW’s including 10 gsa, fancied a change. Very impressed following a demo yesterday. Deal done, V4S should be ready in about a week.
    Anybody know if there’s a Givi topbox adapter for this model? I’ve spent hours online but can only see a possibility from Iconic.
    Also: if I can find somewhere to put the boxes it’ll probably be the only V4 out there with Autocom spa and PDM 60. Any ideas? Please don’t say “get Bluetooth”.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by vincentrapide View Post
    I’m just at that stage also. After 20 plus BMW’s including 10 gsa, fancied a change. Very impressed following a demo yesterday. Deal done, V4S should be ready in about a week.
    Anybody know if there’s a Givi topbox adapter for this model? I’ve spent hours online but can only see a possibility from Iconic.
    Also: if I can find somewhere to put the boxes it’ll probably be the only V4 out there with Autocom spa and PDM 60. Any ideas? Please don’t say “get Bluetooth”.
    Cheers
    The Ducati top box is made by Givi so it may fit on the factory mounting plate , I could take a picture of it if it helps . Not sure what a PDM 60 is but I have put my SPA in the front fairing left hand side and run the wires back under the l/h side panels , again tight but doable , I could photo the position and give you an idea as it did not work under the seat as fook all room. The Iconic sat nav mount works well , better than on the bar clamps ( Evotech ) as it reminded me of my old TDR 250 with the suicide rev clock..

Stick, yes please, that would give me a head start.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by vincentrapide View Post
    Stick, yes please, that would give me a head start.
    Cheers
    Will do , should be home around 6 so will get some shots .

Top Box mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

SPA Position.
    I put mine in a plastic waterproof bag as they are only splash proof. Cables need to be fed back via the side of the fan and around the petlock and up round the frame and out by the subframe bolt.

Addition , shows panels to be removed and also the slide mount that may come off as you wont be able to get the panel back on ( photo shows in correct position), the auto com unit is the auto switch on/off from the battery triggered by a live switch which I took from the aux socket , it shows 2 wires but this is due to the additional power socket I put on the end and the live switch wire is piggy on that. Hope this helps . The way I have done the wire link is due to being unsure of the can bus and felt this would not confuse the system.

If you need any more info or pics of wire routes i can take it apart again to show , but its not hard as there is not much room so the route will be obvious , just a note , when you take the side panels off they can be difficult to replace as the air flow rubbers need to be in line , again you will find this as you take apart, patience is the clue.

I didn't realise anyone's used Autocom any more. Why? We have Bluetooth helmet Comms now. I guess there must be a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need any more info or pics of wire routes i can take it apart again to show , but its not hard as there is not much room so the route will be obvious , just a note , when you take the side panels off they can be difficult to replace as the air flow rubbers need to be in line , again you will find this as you take apart, patience is the clue.
    Stick, thanks very much for your trouble. I really appreciate it. Should have the bike in about one week, although it’s assembled and in the showroom now.
    Cheers!

Never got on with them and annoying you cannot beat a wired system for the best pillion / rider interface , no delays , irritating bleeps and lost connections and perfect for a tour and relaxed pace , the SPA works as if we are in the same room chatting. Don't need to chat to other bikes as its a distraction and Im not chatty on a bike solo as I am enjoying the moment and concentrating on the road ahead, you can chat when having a coffee.
    Think I have tried 2 Senna and 2 Cardo systems over time , all sold on and went back to wired , should have learnt to be honest , but the fluidity of the wired works for me and cables are not that bad , almost better than lost connection and battery.

This is the iconic Sat Nav mount , nice bit of kit and mounts in the perfect position ( in line of sight)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Chrisvh's Avatar
    I have just fitted the Iconic mount. Very pleased. Missed the functionality of the XT and never got on with the Sygic system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvh View Post
    I have just fitted the Iconic mount. Very pleased. Missed the functionality of the XT and never got on with the Sygic system.
    Agree as the Sygic is a sat nav not a GPS , limited in both route planning and flexibility. Nice if you go A to B but not for me . GPS is the best if you like to go where you planed .👍👍Iconic mount is nice

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132