Addition to the garage

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While hunkered down indoors self isolating during the COVID-19 outbreak I’ve decided to “splash the cash” and treat myself to a new set of wheels in addition to my Honda Crosstourer.
I’m seriously looking at getting one of the new Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor’s.
I think they look terrific and offer exceptional value for money, while offering something completely and satisfyingly different to my Honda Crosstourer.
Only problem is, I can’t make my mind up which colour of the three below to go for.
My current favourite is the red and white with a gold stripe option.

Attachments

• F126CC88-7C46-4383-9F73-B247F0D1A4EE.jpeg
    F126CC88-7C46-4383-9F73-B247F0D1A4EE.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 82613F7A-6C6B-40E9-9DEC-F541F25612C2.png
    82613F7A-6C6B-40E9-9DEC-F541F25612C2.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,151
  • D2589852-55B0-43FC-96A0-02F9044B9658.jpeg
    D2589852-55B0-43FC-96A0-02F9044B9658.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,167
Of those three the red and white all day long. However my personal favourite is the orange model :thumby:

I had a episode down on the Baker Express colour but decided to pull the plug on it, so that would be my choice.

Episode ???

How deposit came out as episode I have no idea.

Anyway, I like how they named their colours. Baker Express/Orange Crush/Silver Spectre/Glitter and Dust

For some reason I like the chrome and also the black better than the two colour version. Should make a good stablemate for the Crosstourer. I also have a Crosstourer with a Guzzi V7II as my retro, enjoy them both.

I think there's too much white on the red/white one.
Perhaps if the white was kept to above the tank badge, along with white mudguards, it would work better.

I'd have to go for the blingy chrome tank one.

Tarka's right about the red and white one, but the chrome tank is just naff.

So black then.

I think they look terrific and offer exceptional value for money, while offering something completely and satisfyingly different to my Honda Crosstourer.

Have you had a test ride? I borrowed one when the GSA was in for a service and was decidedly unimpressed - felt a bit like an old Suzuki GT500 from the '70s and things have moved on a bit since then thank ${Deity}.

Have you had a test ride? I borrowed one when the GSA was in for a service and was decidedly unimpressed - felt a bit like an old Suzuki GT500 from the '70s and things have moved on a bit since then thank ${Deity}.

Unable to test ride one at the moment not only because of the current situation but recovering from a shoulder op.
But as soon as it’s appropriate I’m straight round to the dealers.

But that’s the whole point as far as I’m concerned, it’s a back to basics with the feeling that that comes with.

But that’s the whole point as far as I’m concerned, it’s a back to basics with the feeling that that comes with.

Fairy nuff - it was just a step too far back for me. I know I'm not in their target market but I was honestly expecting something nicer (especially the suspension).

Hope you enjoy the new bike whatever colour you decide on :beerjug:

I prefer the burnt orange one.....

But I have an old bike already (R80ST altered) so I can’t justify having a RE...

Back
Top Bottom